• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina71

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christina
My 5 can be almost unbearable at times, :D! Seriously there are days when the noise seems to pound into my brain but it's usually only at certain times of day and maybe a couple times a week. It seems worse when they are excited, like when I'm in the bird room making toys while they are out of the cage. On the other hand... I sleep during the day because I work 3rd shift, and it's strange but thier chattering helps me fall asleep!

I would never rehome them for thier noise though! That would be like rehoming a baby for crying or a kid for making noise, the dog for barking, the cat for begging, or the boyfriend for cursing at his online game!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I agree that what is irritating is very individual. Dog whining bothers me more than barking. My cockatiels are loud, but I do not find it irritating at all.

I think it depends on what your limits are. Personally, I can handle a screaming cockatoo 1-2 times a day compared to lovebirds constant chatter. But that is just me.
I would think if it took this person one year there are other issues that caused her to bring him back. I am glad he found a wonderful home!

Rizq

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Becki
Seriously there are days when the noise seems to pound into my brain but it's usually only at certain times of day and maybe a couple times a week.

I have days where the noise just seems to build up in my head like pressure and I have to go outside before I go insane. Like sensory overload. It is hard to work those days because the doctor's voices do the same thing ... or a radio ... or anything.

or the boyfriend for cursing at his online game!
:coffeescreen: My hubby does this!

I agree that what is irritating is very individual. Dog whining bothers me more than barking.
Yes! The barking only bothers me because I am worried about disturbing the neighbors. I have a whiner. She is getting better, but whine, whine, whine. I was taught in school (Triple Crown Academy) that whining was not a correctable behavior because the dog doesn't even realize it is doing it. Funny. If I say "Lexa, stop whining," she does ... for a little bit. I think she's actually growing out of it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.