• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The local craptastic pet store

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekasaurus

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chrissy
Ok, they moved to a new building and all the animals now seem to be receiving proper care but...last night we had to stop by because we are lookie loos and they have more birds now than ever
Lovies, Budgies, and tiels

the thing that made me sad is not that they're selling them, but the fact that NONE of them are even remotely tame. i mean, you stick your hand in the cage and its like they're gonna stroke out or something. so i foresee people buying them, getting them home then saying I can't touch this bird or anything. not to mention the terrified life the little birdies will live all because someone couldn't be bothered to take the time when they were tiny to socialize them.

/rant

Last edited by a moderator:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I know, it is sad, all we can do is pray for them

T

TinaM

Most mill type of breeders have thousands of pairs of these 'pet shop birds', they don't bother to tame them down, because it means loss of money. Most won't even hand-feed the smaller species like that, because it's a loss of money.

*twitches*

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
I could see that meaning that alot of people being turned off by birds from the get go, if they end up buying one that they cannot do anything with. So sad, especially since 'keets, lovies, and teels can be such great little birds.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a sad way to start out in life :(

Status
Not open for further replies.