• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The junglechicken

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
with or without feathers he is adorable

junglechicken

Walking the driveway
was really concerned about the junglechicken yesterday. he was being very still and quiet, huddled up, shivering, beak under wing most of the afternoon, wouldn't eat. he has a vet appointment at 9:00 this morning (about half an hour from now, the vet is 10 minutes away). of course, now he is fine. whistling, yelling, talking, moving around, ate his fresh food, etc. i cranked up the heat in the bird room and checked on him many times last night.

going to the vet anyway. i figure it can't hurt to have him checked over, and he needs his nails cut anyway. i was ready to run him to the avian clinic in indianapolis at any point during the night if i needed to, but he remained stable all night long and as i said, seems fine this morning.

crazy bird scared me to death. i know it is cliche' to say he saved my life but he did. when i was seriously suicidal the only reason i didn't kill myself was because i would think "no one will take care of the bird" and that would keep me from carrying it out. i owe him my life. i can't imagine what i would do without him.

Kodigirl210

You love him. That’s all that’s important. If you take him anyway then you will feel better and that’s a lot better than stressing again night after night.

And honestly he sounds like he was just cold but you never know.

This way he will be checked out in case he’s hiding being sick & you will have peace of mind knowing either he needed to be there or he is well. To me it’s a win/win :hug8::hug8::hug8:

junglechicken

Walking the driveway
...reminds me of a few years ago...two of our tiels climbed up on a lampshade just to look DEEPLY into the light...:what:
I wonder why they do that? The junglechicken chewed his wing feathers off so he can't fly right now but he loves to be on lamps and look at the light.

junglechicken

Walking the driveway
Now that my MIL has moved out and i have my sewing room back, the junglechicken and i have been spending more time down there. I don't like it that all he has to perch on is an old lamp.

I was looking on youtube at how to build my own bird playstand from scratch. Hadn't even mentioned to Paul, was just trying to see how hard it would be.

Last night at work he sends me a text saying he ordered us a playstand that he can just put right together. I saw the pic when i got home and it is PERFECT!

i have the world's best husband!

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
ohhhh is he full of himself this morning! full of whoops and hoots and hollers! i can't say i mind, i love to see my little grey guy so happy. it brightens up this cloudy, cold day.
I know Jellybean is in a good mood when he is talking, mumbling and making crazy noises :) always puts a smile on my face.