• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The day Mabel Severe Macaw arrived..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such a wonderful success story! :hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think its wonderful,how you both came into each others lives.As you said, you never thought you'd have amacaw.....then there was Mabel.How lucky she is to have you.I always look forward to reading about the journey you two have together.:hug8:

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
I love the pictures, she looks as if to say " ummmm nummies".

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Mabel's story is such an inspiration. I am so glad that the 2 of you found each other. It gives me hope for the 2 b & gs that I am are in need of a good home. I hope they will find someone like you to take care of them.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
She had that posture for about 5 weeks. I *think* she could hardly believe her eyes that she was somewhere different than the petshop. Healthier meals, lots of toy enrichment, natural lighting, weekly showers, no obnoxious fingers poking through her cage and most of all Acknowledgement and physical contact.
You're right, she probably never had most of these necessities her entire time at the store before you brought her home. Sad, but that is the lot of many birds caged in stores for most of their early life. :(

She probably thought she was dreaming and I for MANY months thought I had imagined the whole thing myself.:D
It was a completely changed world for her. The fabric of reality transformed before her eyes, so it's no wonder she seemed to be in a reverie.

It took me a few months to become accustomed to *seeing* a macaw in my home. I had not been used to looking at any of the macaw species even though I knew what they looked like. It took me time to get used to seeing one so up close and personal.:D I guess I went through a bit of shock myself for the first few months.:lol: I hope this makes sense.:p
Yes, it makes sense. Macaws are special; you receive 10 fold what you give to them out of love. Being a deeply devoted and caring individual, you should be rewarded with many, many years of enduring affection.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Mabel is doing so well, that has to do with a great mommy:hug8: She is one lucky girl to have you, many hugs to you Saemma:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Isn't it wonderful when they are happy. Mabel sure has come along from those first few days. I am so glad she has you for a parront.:hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
You two are so lucky to have found each other. Such a heart warming story! I hope you realize what an amazing thing you have done for her, and how much you've changed her life! I'm sure you do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.