• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tell me the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
as long as there isn't one right in my ear with their loud shrill chirp their chirping doesn't bother me, BUT if its right in my ear its instant ear ringing (after the clogged up sensation goes away) and a massive head ache

I had a hand fed female, she hit 6 months old and became the devil She tore me up and every one who got near her - she was sweet at one time and went to any one and every one and loved on them. Until she turned into demon spawn, it got so bad I had to get rid of her for her safety, her mates safety and my families safety - owning a bird of any kind is not worth getting an eye ripped out! and that's how bad she got She went from attacking hands to going straight for our faces for no reason other then she was the devil! all my other ADULT lovebirds were parent raised and NONE of them attack , or even bite, even when we have to hold them (they're not tame) they just don't like being handled but deal with it

every one told me it was "hormones" it would go away well after 2 years and it only got worse, That is NOT hormones.. I raised her right She was well socialized, but not overly "pampered" she was never babied, she played on her own, she entertained her self, but loved to come cuddle ,specially if you had a long sleeve shirt on she'd climb in the sleeve and cuddle and go to sleep

but mine that i still have chirp all day long just like the budgies, and cockatiels, from Sun up until their light is shut out at 9 pm. there is no silence in this house until after 9pm

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Here's a little video of Zeus making his crazy freak out noise that he does when he gets excited about something That might give you an idea of noise level. My lovies can be a little noisy at times but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world,I love my little stinkers.:heart:

Last edited:

platinum

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sharon
I'm totally in love with the noisy little buggers. A lovebird is totally in our (relatively) near future, probably next spring.

We're getting a baby budgie next month though. :dancing:

FunnyBird

Strolling the yard
Here's a little video of Zeus making his crazy freak out noise that he does when he gets excited about something That might give you an idea of noise level. My lovies can be a little noisy at times but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world,I love my little stinkers.:heart:

Jeez if only that's what my lovies sounded like during a 'freak out'! Mine had the type of shrill squawk that literally drove people from the room and considering the birds were in the main room it sucked and this went on from morning to well past 10pm...basically if they heard people in the house they were up and being heard! Many times I woulde have to leave the main floor (very open concept house) and go upstairs when on the phone because the phone seemed to make the sound even louder in my ear and well I was embarrassed too for people to hear that going on as well! Oh and mine were also HUGE biters and attackers if let out of the cage. Basically they did the same things that atvchick95 experienced but poor her since her bird WAS raised correctly from the get go. I did not raise my two but took them from a less than ideal home (understatement) when they were approx. 2 years old! Lesson learned for me...don't take on abused lovies (or any bird) unless you have experience with abused birds which I certainly didn't!!!!!!

ETA: I feel as though I'm slamming this cute type of bird which I don't mean to at all it's just that I think that people REALLY need to understand what "moderate noise" can possibly mean...I don't think I really understood what exactly "moderate noise" in lovie language *could* mean!

Last edited:

iranair787

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ali

My lovie just went crazy when he heard that :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.