• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tell me everything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
I'm so sorry :(

Milo and I are still at odds about what fresh stuff he'll eat, but he's still young so I expected that. My vet recommended that I try to convert him to at least 50% pellets (don't know where you stand on the whole pellets vs seed debate) because he's being reluctant to eat the fresh stuff. I'm not a huge fan of seeds myself, but that's personal preference.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I feed pellets, mash of veggies and very minimal seed.:)

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Jenny, when Indy was sick they put him on seed to build him up, he never liked pellets but after that he wouldnt even try. I will see what its on at the moment as I dont want to change much on top of her moving house.Helen, just because Ive put it on here doesnt mean you "have" to look '). We should meet up sometime then I can see your baby.

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Jenny, when Indy was sick they put him on seed to build him up, he never liked pellets but after that he wouldnt even try. I will see what its on at the moment as I dont want to change much on top of her moving house.Helen, just because Ive put it on here doesnt mean you "have" to look '). We should meet up sometime then I can see your baby.
:lol:very true! Although he does lutinos, I LOVE lutinos but I don't think I could have 2 parrotlets, there's enough sass in my flock as it is :p Ooh that would it awesome, I've only met one other proper bird person before :D

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
I used to work with a vet that said that he could convert any bird to a pelleted diet. I tend to agree that the trick is to go very slowly and to be more stubborn than the bird. I see it as trying to teach a little kid healthy habits. Like offering them carrot sticks after encouraging them to eat french fries. They're not going to like it at first, but they can be gradually reintroduced. I'm definitely not saying that seeds are equivalent to french fries, just as an example.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Congrats!! I love my P'lets! They are feisty, spunky, active, sweet (sometimes:lol:) comical and smart! My little ones are not super cuddly as they are to busy getting into things and also have each other:D But they love to fly to mom and hang out on me and love listening to me talk to them.
they like any shredding toy, balsa wood & yucca wood are favorites.
The bigger the cage you can get them the better, mine are in a flight cage and use all of it!

Congrats again, how exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.