• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tarantula Population Maybe Exploded a Little

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Just a little....:angelic: I’ve also started a red runner roach colony to feed them all. Just started seeing little egg pouches everywhere so hopefully I have a roach population explosion soon too!

A few of the tarantulas. The naming theme is Harry Potter.

Bellatrix - Caribena versicolor update! Color change incoming! You can see some pink starting.

Luna - Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Snitch - Neoholothele incei

Fawkes - Brachypelma auratum

Potter - Hapalopus sp. Colombia

Narcissa - Tapinauchenius rasti

Lavender - Citharacanthus cyaneus

Lucius - Psalmopoeus pulcher

I have more pictures of others but I give up for now :lol: You’ll need to put the Latin name into google to see what the adult versions look like. Everyone looks a lot different as adults!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Wow! Those are incredible!!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fascinating!
They are not a pet for me, but I do understand why they are so loved by quite a few :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Aww so cute! I love seeing another spidey enthusiast. Yours looks well cared for and happy.

How many do you have? And the species?

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Fascinating!
They are not a pet for me, but I do understand why they are so loved by quite a few :)
They used to completely freak me out. It’s not nearly as bad now and they are strangely fascinating to watch! Spiders that sneak up on me still make me scream though lol

Aww so cute! I love seeing another spidey enthusiast. Yours looks well cared for and happy.

How many do you have? And the species?
Thanks! My friend is a huge tarantula person and she helped me with the research and setup questions. I’ve helped with some of her breeding and get a free little one helping her with housing all those babies when they are ready for their own containers. Takes so much time even with multiple people!

I have 27 now. The list with names! I don’t have any old worlds yet since I wanted new world experience first. My tarantula friend is betting on my one T. rasti being a boy based on pictures. Waiting on a good molt from it to use a microscope.

Caribena versicolor - Bellatrix
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Luna
Brachypelma auratum - Fawkes
Acanthoscurria geniculata - Sirius
Psalmopoeus pulcher x 2 - Lucius, Draco
Psalmopoeus irminia x 2 - Ginny x, Ginny y
Psalmopoeus cambridgei - Remus
Hapalopus sp. “Colombia, large” - Potter
Neoholothele incei, gold x 2 - Snitch, Fleur
Tapinauchenius rasti x 2 - Narcissa, Andromeda
Fufius sp. Rurrenabaque "Gold" x 3 - Nagini x, Nagini y, Nagini z
Citharacanthus cyaneus - Lavender
Scopelobates sericeus - Yaxley
Cyriocosmus elegans - Sprout
Pseudhapalopus sp Blue - Rowena
Nhandu chromatus - Ron
Grammostola pulchra - Pansy
Pseudoclamoris gigas - Molly
Aphonopelma moderatum - Neville
Brachypelma albiceps - Regulus
Avicularia variegata - Alecto

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Oh wow. So many beauties you have! Are most still young or adults?
Most would still be considered slings. The T. rasti are the biggest and could probably be considered juvi or sub adults.

Some more of them!

Sprout the C. elegans finally appeared. I haven’t seen it since it arrived 2 months ago. Looks like it just molted too since it’s legs are so light.

Fleur - Neoholothele incei. This one is the little one I got from friend for helping her with separating the bunch of slings from the breeding. 76 I think it was...took awhile haha

I haven’t seen any of the 3 Fufius since they arrived. Just tunnel entrances and disappearing food lol

Alecto - Avicularia variegata

Molly - Pseudoclamoris gigas

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Just a little....:angelic: I’ve also started a red runner roach colony to feed them all. Just started seeing little egg pouches everywhere so hopefully I have a roach population explosion soon too!

A few of the tarantulas. The naming theme is Harry Potter.

Bellatrix - Caribena versicolor update! Color change incoming! You can see some pink starting.

Luna - Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Snitch - Neoholothele incei

Fawkes - Brachypelma auratum

Potter - Hapalopus sp. Colombia

Narcissa - Tapinauchenius rasti

Lavender - Citharacanthus cyaneus

Lucius - Psalmopoeus pulcher

I have more pictures of others but I give up for now :lol: You’ll need to put the Latin name into google to see what the adult versions look like. Everyone looks a lot different as adults!

Ohhhh more spiders!! Let's see , you live miles from me.....good! Very good ! :wideyed:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Spiders that sneak up on me still make me scream though lol
To be fair, anything that sneaks up on me would make me scream. :confused: It could be a kitten, but if I'm not expecting something fuzzy touching my foot I will be freaked out. :shocked3:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Took the leap and now have old worlds and a true spider:eek:

Harpactira pulchripes - Blaise

Idiothele mira - Cho

Heteropoda davidbowie - Charlie. I left this one in the vial until that night. Had to mentally prepare for the warp speed before trying to house it lol. The last two photos is them in their new containers. My friend ordered too and the second ones theirs.

Pictures of everyone....13 came in. The first picture are my 7 and the second is my friends 6 that I will be taking care of until he comes and gets them.

Also, everything explodes when I house stuff apparently:huh:

This little guy freaked me out...caught him walking across the floor right after I finished housing everyone but the davidbowies. Almost had a heartattack before I realized it was too small and black to be any of the new ones!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
An H. davidbowie!! God, I am SO jealous! :swoon:

I can't wait to see more of your slings as they grow! Such a beautiful assortment.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
An H. davidbowie!! God, I am SO jealous! :swoon:

I can't wait to see more of your slings as they grow! Such a beautiful assortment.
I’m afraid it’s going to teleport off before it grows up! Or worse grow up then teleport off and drop on my head in the middle of the night:lol: My friends one tried it run off while I was housing it! Luckily it took a break half way up the second bin and I convinced it to go back in the shipping vial to try again haha

A lot the Psalmopoeus & the Pseudoclamoris need to be rehoused because they have gotten pretty big. It’s just hard to catch them out and stay out when I try to open the lid for a picture. I do have some updated pictures of a few of them. You can see adult colors coming in a little.

Pseudoclamoris gigas - Molly. Gotten a lot bigger and leggy looking!

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Luna. Molted the other week and the color change was very noticeable on the legs and less stripping on the butt now!

Hapalopus sp. “Colombia, large” - Potter. I love this ones weirdness. It basically prances across the cage when it catches food lol

Fufius sp. Rurrenabaque "Gold". One of them was actually out last night! So much bigger than when it arrived thinking I might need or rehouse it soon.

I also picked up another tiny Psalmopoeus species with that new group. Very tiny sling!

Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus - Hermione

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m afraid it’s going to teleport off before it grows up! Or worse grow up then teleport off and drop on my head in the middle of the night:lol: My friends one tried it run off while I was housing it! Luckily it took a break half way up the second bin and I convinced it to go back in the shipping vial to try again haha

A lot the Psalmopoeus & the Pseudoclamoris need to be rehoused because they have gotten pretty big. It’s just hard to catch them out and stay out when I try to open the lid for a picture. I do have some updated pictures of a few of them. You can see adult colors coming in a little.

Pseudoclamoris gigas - Molly. Gotten a lot bigger and leggy looking!

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Luna. Molted the other week and the color change was very noticeable on the legs and less stripping on the butt now!

Hapalopus sp. “Colombia, large” - Potter. I love this ones weirdness. It basically prances across the cage when it catches food lol

Fufius sp. Rurrenabaque "Gold". One of them was actually out last night! So much bigger than when it arrived thinking I might need or rehouse it soon.

I also picked up another tiny Psalmopoeus species with that new group. Very tiny sling!

Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus - Hermione
So pretty!! Man, I need more arachnids. :xflove:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
New bunch!

Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran Tiger - Riddle
Heteroscodra maculata - Filius
Chilobrachys fimbriatus - Parvati
Poecilotheria rufilata - Minerva
Poecilotheria metallica - Helena
Orphnaecus sp. ‘Blue’ panay - Greyback
Pseudoclamoris elenae - Tonks
Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati - Teddy
Phormictopus sp. Dominican Purple - Artemisia
Mystery Spider Derek’s Trippin’ Tarantula
Mystery Spider Stormy’s Jewel

Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran Tiger - Riddle

Mystery Spider Derek’s Trippin’ Tarantula - Find out what it is next week. All I know for sure is it’s an old world terrestrial. Pretty sure I know what it is though.

Phormictopus sp. Dominican Purple - Artemisia

Pseudoclamoris elenae - Tonks

I rehoused 8 last week. Mostly arboreal ones and moved a bunch of the arboreal containers over onto this bookcase. That way everyone that comes down the stairs can be freaked out haha

Some updated photos of a few again!

Avicularia variegated - Alecto. Legs are going dark now!

Scopelobates sericeus - Yaxley - he’s finally out all the time now.

Citharacanthus cyaneus - Lavender - one of the rehoused ones & recently molted!

Brachypelma auratum - Fawkes - another rehoused one.

Harpactira pulchripes - Blaise - Just some leg haha

yeahhtrue

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Dan
This is awesome. I have tarantulas also, but I've kept the collection (relatively) small at 11 lol. I have:

1 Grammostola porteri
1 Caribena versicilor
1 Acanthoscurria geniculata
1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
1 Lasiodora parahybana
1 Homoeomma chilensis
1 Ceratogyrus marshalli
1 Orphnaecus philippinus
1 Psalmopoeus cambridgei
2 Grammostola pulchra

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
This is awesome. I have tarantulas also, but I've kept the collection (relatively) small at 11 lol. I have:

1 Grammostola porteri
1 Caribena versicilor
1 Acanthoscurria geniculata
1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
1 Lasiodora parahybana
1 Homoeomma chilensis
1 Ceratogyrus marshalli
1 Orphnaecus philippinus
1 Psalmopoeus cambridgei
2 Grammostola pulchra
Hahaha I only got into this like 8 months ago and already have 44. I killed the davidbowies on accident, so far the only one I’ve made a mistake with. I think I went a little too overboard on the don’t let them dry out thing I read about for them haha. I’ll try again in the future since I really like the look of those! There’s some species I have now that I might sell when older or if they happen to be MM I won’t buy more slings to try for a female. I definitely love the arboreals and might end up with one of each of those lol. I’m kind of in love with the Citharacanthus cyaneus though since the coloration on them is purple and mine is starting to gain that coloration after the recent molt, plus it’s easy to spot not just a container of dirt:hilarious:

Haploclastus devamatha was the one mystery spider and another P. metallica was the other one. I will never see the H. devamatha again lol. It had already made a dirt tunnel/web about 10 seconds after it arrived...

Did you just get the Homoeomma chilensis? I saw everyone buying those on the recent shipment from FearNot.

yeahhtrue

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Dan
Hahaha I only got into this like 8 months ago and already have 44. I killed the davidbowies on accident, so far the only one I’ve made a mistake with. I think I went a little too overboard on the don’t let them dry out thing I read about for them haha. I’ll try again in the future since I really like the look of those! There’s some species I have now that I might sell when older or if they happen to be MM I won’t buy more slings to try for a female. I definitely love the arboreals and might end up with one of each of those lol. I’m kind of in love with the Citharacanthus cyaneus though since the coloration on them is purple and mine is starting to gain that coloration after the recent molt, plus it’s easy to spot not just a container of dirt:hilarious:

Haploclastus devamatha was the one mystery spider and another P. metallica was the other one. I will never see the H. devamatha again lol. It had already made a dirt tunnel/web about 10 seconds after it arrived...

Did you just get the Homoeomma chilensis? I saw everyone buying those on the recent shipment from FearNot.
The davidbowies are cool, I haven't tried any true spiders yet. Too bad they didn't make it lol. I do love arboreals...my versicolor is one of my favorite spiders.

I picked up the H. chilensis 2 years ago when they were still called Euathlus sp. red. It was smaller than a dime back then, and it stays buried most of the time these days, but last time I saw it it was probably quarter sized...very slow growing lol.

It's an easy hobby to get carried away with for sure.