• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Taking care of a conure for the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenLittle

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi,

I work at a pet shop and took a conure home with me because we were closed today for new years. He has a broken foot and our vet gave us metacam (0.06ml) to give twice daily. It does say every 12 hours but with us not being open today I went in at 12:00pm to give it to him...he regularly gets it at 8:00am. With that being said, I'd have to give it to him at midnight if I were to follow dosage and I will more than likely be in bed because I do work in the morning. Can I give it to him earlier without harm or should I leave it and get him back on his regular schedule of 8 o'clock in the morning and at night?

thanks!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
You can give it too him a little early. If you are up until 9 or 10 give it to him at that time and resume normal schedule in the morning. The medication is usually spaced 8 to 12 hours apart.

ChickenLittle

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank you so much. I just wanted to make sure because he's not MY bird. I (and I'm sure my new little buddy) appreciate your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.