• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweetest Senegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Seriously, Shade has to be one of the sweetest Senegals, if not the sweetest (I might be a tad biased..but whatever ;) ).

I've heard many stories of Senegals bonding to one person and being rather mean with everyone else. Not her. I tried socializing her as best I could the moment I got her and I think it paid off. She's very well behaved with just about anyone; I even brought her at a couple of presentations friends of mine had on parrots to club/scouts/brownies meetings. She's always stepped up nicely for the kids, never tried biting them. Although my boyfriend isn't her favorite person, she'll still cooperate with him. I don't think she's ever bitten me, a true bite that is. She did have her testing period while growing up, but those were more like nibbles. She'll always choose to go away rather than bite if she doesn't want to deal with a situation. She has also been nice with Piper (lovebird) from the moment they met (although I had both when still living at my parents, they haven't really been "introduced" before I moved in with my boyfriend as they were on different floors). She's also quite keen on protecting Piper if any of the other birds tries to get to her. She's pretty much friends with all the other birds except Petey because Petey wants it so and she had a little tiff with Nemo (her brother) when my mom first brought him here (birdsitting) but that quickly went away.

Tonight, I decided to have the Lovebirds out the bird room with me on the second round out of the cages since Piper seemed a bit attention deprived. My boyfriend went in teh room with the Pois. She was the best behaved, playing quietly and not causing any trouble (which wasn't the case with the others so I've heard). Because she's been so good, she's now getting some special one-on-one time with me (I don't normally have any of the birds out without the rest). She's just sitting here, snuggling :)

As rewarding as it was "rescuing" the others, I have to say I'm quite happy I at least had the chance to "raise" (as in educate) one bird from early on (and not have to deal with re-educating from someone else (shaky) foundation) and have it turn out so nicely :)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
That is great. Shade sounds like a fabulous bird. I think Senegals are so beautiful. Today, like an idiot I was poking around on CL and saw a Senegal for $40 with the cage. I have always like Senegals and had to force myself not to inquire and remind myself I have my hands full with the birds I have and if I want to foster, need to keep a spot open. I went to torture myself later to look at the picture and thankfully, it was already down. Hope he got a good home...

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Isn't nice to have a great "birdie" day? Makes it all worth it.

Kathy

Rollerblading along the road
Yep, you are biased because MY sennie Peg is the sweetest! LOL
I wish I could say the same for Beakner but He's one of those who is a meanie, though I can't help but love him so much.
I'm so glad you have one of the sweet ones. Shade is so beautiful in your siggy! They all are!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shade sounds like a gem!:heart:

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Aww, what a great day!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww, Shade sounds like a sweet girl. She loves cuddles with mom. It's important to have one on one time.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
she sounds like a little gem..

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Shade is sweet AND beautiful :heart:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Awww I love Senegals! I keep telling myself that I don't need a Senegal I don't need a Senegal I don't need a Senegal. I want one tho! I am keeping my space for a Scarlet macaw!

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
awww glad to hear about your good Sennie day. My Senegal, Freddie Krugar has his name for a reason ;) he is NOT sweet by any stretch of the imagination. But I love him sooo much! By far one of the funniest and largest personalitys of my guys.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Awwwww that's so sweet to hear!!! I just love hearing all these sweet Senegal stories. I'm really hoping things work out and I can adopt a baby early next fall. I'm on a waiting list is all is good... :D

tracieerin

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracie
Shade's such a good girl! :) I wish one of mine would be so well behaved!

Status
Not open for further replies.