• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweet potato chip recipes?

Peppo

Sprinting down the street
i am always looking for snacks me and Paco can eat together on the recliner during movie time. Today, I thought about making sweet potato chips. I am thinking toss with coconut oil and bake? Anyone else make them? Not sure how to store them afterwards. Advice or your recipe?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have made sweet potato French fries that way. I put in a Ziploc bag, add a bit of coconut oil to that and shake. Place on baking sheet and bake.

They like to hold a French fry.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
That sounds yummy!

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I've made chips a few times, I find them to be a pain. They take a while and shrink significantly, so you end up needing to make 3-4 batches to get any reasonable amount of chips. They are really good though, and the birds agreed.

I prefer fries... I make them with a recipe like this : Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries - Cookie and Kate You can omit whatever isn't bird healthy.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt loves them with a light coating (or not) of RPO and a sprinkle of cinnamon. When I make them I have to make a great heap otherwise the family members all take Burt’s sweet potato chips!! Carrot and pumpkin chips are a big winner here too.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I do them in the oven.
It’s basically the same as roasting them except they are cut like chips lol.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Have any of you tried to do these in an air fryer? I think my hubby would love these if they hold up in one. Not too sure about using one to make them for Jenks but the hubby would be a willing test subject.:lol:

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Have any of you tried to do these in an air fryer? I think my hubby would love these if they hold up in one. Not too sure about using one to make them for Jenks but the hubby would be a willing test subject.:lol:
Definitely try them on the hubby before the birb! Isn't that what hubbies are for? :hehepink: