• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweet facial preening

haleybird

Moving in
Real Name
Haley
The last week or so, my young cockatiel Coconut has taken to preening my eyelashes and eyebrows. It is the sweetest tenderest gesture, and I've never had a bird do that, nor have I trusted one to be so gentle with my eyes. It melted my heart, and she will often climb up just for a little preen (I wfh so she's out with me all the time, unless it's bedtime or I have to go to the store). Her expression is so loving and sweet, I take it as her way of saying "I love you momma". She's just the sweetest little baby and I love her so much. I don't have children, but I feel like she is my daughter. I love that I get to be the one to make sure she has the happiest, healthiest best life ever.

Does anyone else have birbs that preen their hair/lashes? Honestly it's like a little mini spa treatment, it instantly relaxes me. She's the most precious little one

Edited to add: I don't wear any product, so I don't have to worry about Coco ingesting anything toxic or poisonous.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Coconut sounds like a little sweetheart. I have had cockatiels do it. They are typically such gentle birds. My crazy cockatoo Elvis went through a period where he was obsessed with trying to lick my eyelids. Not really sure what that was about but glad it has passed. LOL.

Hobbs

Moving in
That is really sweet. My Amazon preens my eyebrows and it melts my heart.