• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sunday Afternoon

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
How is Peep doing?
He's doing really well. He has started cautiously trying new food. So far his favorites are dark green lettuce, spinach, and watermelon. But he nibbles daintily on carrots, snow peas, pasta, pineapple, and peanut butter, to name a few. He is also just beginning to show interest in my plate. He has me totally trained now so I read his body language as to what he wants, when he wants it. He naps on my neck whenever he chooses. Lately he head butts my chin when he want more active snuggling. I still can't touch him with my hands but he likes me to rub his head with my chin. He has a little singing session every afternoon when he sits on the head of my bed and looks out the window. Other that he is the quietest bird I have ever had. He chirps at me to come and get him when he first wakes up and does answer birds on videos, but otherwise is mostly silent. He eats A LOT, probably to keep warm. I learned my CAV does make little sweaters but she suggested we wait till the weather starts to cool off before we try one. I'm dubious because he HATES to be held. Medicating him is a trip. He screams bloody murder the whole time . Fortunately we haven't had to do this for the past 6 months. Overall, I'd say he is a happy, spoiled little boy. Thanks for asking. :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad Peep is doing well. Such a little sweetheart.