• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Strep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I noticed Remie's poo had some bubbles so I naturally became worried :eek:! We took Remie in when Duncan had his checkup (he is doing well, going back on Sat for a recheck). Remie's white blood cell count was a little high so the doctor ran some tests and everything was fine in the office, so they sent it out to make double sure. His test came back & he had/has strep. :omg:!

According to the doc it is quite common & their immune systems take care of it. My son had strep throat a few weeks ago & I do believe he past it on to him. :(

Remie is doing great doing the same goofball stuff he always does
:). I have enforced once again on my son about washing his hands before & after he touches the birds.

Sickness can & does get past on to your birds... Just keep this in mind with the flu going around. :)

Last edited:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Wow!

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
Eek.. Scary!! I'll make sure to be extra careful now. Good thing it wasn't anything serious. :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhhh....poor Remie. I hope he recovers quickly.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Eeeek!!!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Oh my, learn something new everyday:omg:

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
Did your vet give him any medicine? just curious.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Did your vet give him any medicine? just curious.
No. He said their bodies process it different & it goes away on its own. Which is fine with me if they don't need it because medicine is so hard on their stomachs. Poor Duncan had to go back on his antibiotic for a little bit & gives him diarrhea. :(

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
No. He said their bodies process it different & it goes away on its own. Which is fine with me if they don't need it because medicine is so hard on their stomachs. Poor Duncan had to go back on his antibiotic for a little bit & gives him diarrhea. :(
Well Im so sorry he is going through this give him hugs from Isis and I and we will send healing thoughts his way.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Believe me Remie will LOVE hugs from Isis :heart:! Thanks for the healing thoughts, Barbie! :hug8:

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Ann, Remie is doing great! As a matter of fact the little stinker escaped from his cage yesterday & left a path of destruction... thankfully it was an old wicker shelf thing that got the brunt of it! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.