• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Still Hanging In there....

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love the last pic! Peep is so lovable! I have missed seeing him and reading your threads. I hope you are both well :hug9:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Love the last pic! Peep is so lovable! I have missed seeing him and reading your threads. I hope you are both well :hug9:
Yes, we are both well. Peep has been my mental health saviour! I have been sheltering in place since March 12, having meals delivered through a state program to help seniors and local restaurants. It is currently funded for only one more week. I hope they will extend it but I'm not holding my breath. I'm on an emotional rollercoaster re returning to work (in the schools) next month. I'm going to consult my doctor before I decide so I can base my decision on medical reality and not just my feelings. I'll be 80 in 9 weeks and have underlying health issues. Peep, on the other hand, has decided, at the age of 19 months, that food doesn't necessarily have to come from a package labeled "bird"! He began by licking moist fruit like melons, and will now nibble on watermelon. And he LOVES dark green lettuce. He literally "jumps right in" as soon as I open a green salad container. I pull out a variety of leaves for him before I add the dressing. And before he poops in my salad. I haven't tried things like kale or mustard greens yet since I'm not going grocery shopping. He has nibbled on a few spinach leaves. He is not exactly adventurous when it comes to food. I had my first teleconference Dr. visit recently. Peep LOVED my doctor's voice! He normally doesn't pay much attention to the screen but he immediately ran up to the screen, began dancing and chirping, and was just generally animated. I had to finish the last 5 minutes on the phone because Peep licked the screen and disconnected me. He was also " helpfu"l when I was doing tele-therapy during the last few weeks of school. Most of the time he sat on my shoulder but sometimes decided to nap on the keyboard. Not to mention poop on the keyboard. If he wasn't visible my students would ask where he was. He really is the sweetest bird I have ever had. Not the funniest. Not the most playful. But definitely the sweetest. My Sweet Baby Boy! 23928F3E-9B5A-46BC-BB1D-78D875C9985E.jpeg 23928F3E-9B5A-46BC-BB1D-78D875C9985E.jpeg

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Hope it works out that you can keep working then.