• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

starting to get a little hurt (rant)

solo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
jess
Solo is in full on breeding mode and is being a complete monster :eek: i know it is just his hormones but my hands are covered in bruises and sores and that's just my attempt at water and food changing :( He is extremely bonded to Marley and feeds him constantly at the moment and has taken to "protecting" him from me so i can't even spend time with him either :(:(:( not that Marley seems to fussed, every time i take him for some one on one time Solo will call him and he will call back and he will then mission off to find Solo :huh: i'm starting to feel like a hired cleaning service because that's all i'm needed for
and as much as i accept it logically i can't help but feel a little lonely :confused: we do still indulge in long nonsense conversations and trick training etc but it is just not the same :huh:
normally i cope fine because last year i had goose to put energy into and the year before i had Dobby my teil that is still M.I.A so this is my first year of being the odd one out
anyway end of rant
how do you guys cope with these things :hug8:

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Timely thread. henry has been biting me a lot the last few days and I didn't know why..then I remembered this was the same time last year that he full on attacked me (dive bombing and chasing me all over the house :eek:) and even the year before. Sigh. :hug8:

solo

Real Name
jess
Solo becomes a full on psycho:huh:

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
yeah last year I posted about Henry's tirade. It had me bawling my eyes out for hours. he literally chased me around the house biting me. It was awful and resulted in him being clipped. :( I'm going to handle it better this year because I don't like him being clipped. he's also going through a bad molt so that can't help. On another note, I think it's clear that henry is actually Henrietta..he's almost three and no ring.

solo

Real Name
jess
Solo doesn't chase me he just lunges and bites and screams at me all the time :(

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Awwww...Henry is getting that way..also very cage territorial right now. Bites at me if I put anything in or take anything out. They'll get over it. Those hormones are bad!

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Does your cage have outside feeding doors? I pretty much consider them essential. Flight cages seem all well and good when birds are babies, but they do all grow up.

solo

Real Name
jess
yeah they have outside feed doors :) but with solo where there is a will there is a way :hehe:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I'm sorry. Sometimes they go through their hormonal times or moods and it hurts our feelings when they act like we are the enemy. Just know that at the end of the day he still loves you, he is just doing what comes natural to him at this time :hug8::hug8::hug8:.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
yeah they have outside feed doors :) but with solo where there is a will there is a way :hehe:
Wow, I've never had one get me with the outside feed doors and Rowdy tries all the time. Maybe I'm very fast :D Pete tries, too, but with him I've learned it's a game; what he wants is a good morning kiss and for me to talk to him.

Sapphire Moon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
When I first brought Niko home, she was adopted, she would fly and dive bomb me. She gave me a few really nasty bites. I too, clipped her wings for my safety. She has just recently discovered that she is flighted again and I don't let her out until my hubby is home, who she loves. My feelings get hurt when any of my birds bite me. Not the little bites but the ones where you have to wait until the bleeding stops to decide if you need to go to the emergency room or not :eek:. I wish she liked me. She is a beautiful BFA and I love her, but she likes to show her love of me by eating little pieces of me at a time. I don't know if she will ever be my bird, but in the meantime I enjoy her from afar.

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
how do you guys cope with these things :hug8:
You look at the big picture and see things for what they are. If Solo is happy then you should be happy because truly that's all that really matters.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Please understand that our birds are not really considered pets. They do retain their wildness and along with that comes the hormonal season. The bird could be frustrated and taking it out on you. You have done nothing wrong. Give him the space he needs and try not to feel rejected. He loves you too.