• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Starting to breed cockatiel

WhteRnbwBirdie

Hit the Road
Real Name
Erica
I would like to know this as well, I'll be watching. I'm looking to breed my Pied Male to My New Whiteface Pearl + Pied Female :) I assume there will be lots of babies with pied markings, for me! :) ~

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Why are you breeding them? What are you going to do with all the chicks?

Last edited:

WhteRnbwBirdie

Hit the Road
Real Name
Erica
Um, because we both desire to.. and we're not just going to let them die. I'm sure the OP will take care of (his or her) baby birds, like a responsible adult.& so will I.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
I agree one should try to adopt before shopping when looking for a bird, but a lot of areas like mine barely has any birds up for adoption and travel isn't always an option so... as long as they make sure every single one of their chicks finds a good home.. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Please do not breed your tiels

Robin8888

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Robin
I agree one should try to adopt before shopping when looking for a bird, but a lot of areas like mine barely has any birds up for adoption and travel isn't always an option so... as long as they make sure every single one of their chicks finds a good home.. :)
If adoption is an option that is great.
But where I live we have 1 bird rescue & they are very picky on who they let adopt. No to dogs, renters, people in apartments, ETC. Their application to adopt is crazy. We have to go out of state to get birds or have them shipped in. Cockatiels sell so fast here people are taking deposits at 2 weeks old.

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
Hello, I am breeding cockatiel and I have a question. If I breed a male pearl to a split to pied female, what would my results approximately be? Anyone out there know?
Good Luck I would like to know more about this too.

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
Why are you breeding them? What are you going to do with all the chicks?
Where I am it is hard to get birds. People that are breeding cockatiels are taking deposits at 2 weeks old. We have to go out of state to get birds or have them shipped in.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
There are hundreds of cockatiels in bird rescues that need homes. Why do you need to breed more?
Sorry but not where I live. We only have 1 bird rescue here & very hard to even get through the application process they have. People breeding cockatiels or anything here are taking deposits at a few weeks old.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
This is the breeder section of the forum. Why do people have to get nasty to people that want to breed?
No it wasn't meant for you. Just in general. Sorry
Because the rainbow girl wants to breed her underage cock with a hen she has owned for 2 weeks.
Other members are concerned about birds ending up in shelters. There´s a chance the OP hasn´t researched and there may be an abundance of tiels in his local shelter.