• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stainless Steel Ring Holders (for SS Cups)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
You all know that I'm nutty about these things :o: so I was very pleased to see that the Birdsafe Store is now carrying new SS bowls with 100% SS ring holders and hardware!! (Almost all other SS cups come with chrome, nickel, or other types of holders.) And these are actually in small sizes to boot... these 10 ounce cups are simple but well-made and I am very pleased!!

Here are some close ups and comparison photos. The full review and description can be found on my blog: More Stainless Steel Ring Holders! « Coco's Flock

the 10 oz on the left, 5 oz on the right

depth comparison

I also snagged this beautiful perch :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:D Nice! Too bad they only have small size! I like the look of those!

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Those are very nice! perfect for smaller species.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Great items! I really love the grapevine perch!

Matt

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
I hadn't even noticed these until I saw what you wrote about them. Then I was thinking about that big stainless steel bowl I ordered for Malachite a while ago and how I had meant to get more but I wanted smaller ones for his meals. These look perfect. I think the 5 oz one is especially cute.

Now that I'm looking at the pictures closely I'm wondering why it seems there are two different attachers? And by attachers I mean the part where you attach the ring to the bars of the cage. One looks round and one is rectangular. Did you just replace the parts on one of them? The rectangular part reminds me of the one I bought.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I hadn't even noticed these until I saw what you wrote about them. Then I was thinking about that big stainless steel bowl I ordered for Malachite a while ago and how I had meant to get more but I wanted smaller ones for his meals. These look perfect. I think the 5 oz one is especially cute.

Now that I'm looking at the pictures closely I'm wondering why it seems there are two different attachers? And by attachers I mean the part where you attach the ring to the bars of the cage. One looks round and one is rectangular. Did you just replace the parts on one of them? The rectangular part reminds me of the one I bought.
Actually, there is ONLY a 10 ounce model -- the 5 ounce ones in the photos are my own custom ones, sorry for not clarifying! The Birdsafe Store only carries 10 ounce ones with the SS ring holders though. They are really great though and I think would work perfectly for Malachite... your whole flock actually!

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
Shame its only in tiny sizes. I need 4 HUGE Dishes for the aviary. One for water, 2 for Basic seed and 1 for everything else.

But i must say, the price on those are pretty darn amazing aswell

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
I really hope they end up coming out with 5 oz ones!! I'm sure the 10 oz will suffice for now - I'll just have to rearrange/push back perches a bit since these dishes have a bigger diameter (I like to make sure nothing can get pooped on from anywhere). Do you know if the company is getting these from a vendor or are they making these themselves...?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Shame its only in tiny sizes. I need 4 HUGE Dishes for the aviary. One for water, 2 for Basic seed and 1 for everything else.

But i must say, the price on those are pretty darn amazing aswell
Yes... I am VERY pleased with the price!

I really hope they end up coming out with 5 oz ones!! I'm sure the 10 oz will suffice for now - I'll just have to rearrange/push back perches a bit since these dishes have a bigger diameter (I like to make sure nothing can get pooped on from anywhere). Do you know if the company is getting these from a vendor or are they making these themselves...?
The Birdsafe Store gets them from another manufacturer, who designed them and has them made by an SS fabricator/company if I'm not mistaken.

I will say that my 5 oz bowls pictured above are very small. I have purchased other 5 oz ss bowls from other companies that have bigger diameters, much closer to the 10 oz ones above. The 5 oz bowls I show in the photos are from King's but the "ss coop cups" that are much more common are bigger.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I will go ahead and buy those. They could probably work with Sachi. Do they attach nice and securely against the EH Cage. I *think* I like the size.

*maybe* I should still think about it..:o:

Last edited:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I think I will go ahead and buy those. They could probably work with Sachi. Do they attach nice and securely against the EH Cage. I *think* I like the size.

*maybe* I should still think about it..:o:
Hmm. To be honest, I am not sure they would attach to the EH Cage so securely, especially if it has 1" bar spacing. The washers on these are smaller. Actually, you could add 2" washers to it, but the one welded to the ring holder is smaller.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Lotus. Is the holder large enough to fit two 2 inch washers? Thanks for confirming if possible.:)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Thanks Lotus. Is the holder large enough to fit two 2 inch washers? Thanks for confirming if possible.:)
The bolts are definitely long enough. What I'm thinking is that you have the ring holder with the attached washer, but you take a second 2" washer and put it on, then hold the ring holder up to the cage bars where you want it, attach a third 2" washer, and then secure the wing nut. Does that make sense? So on the side inside the cage, you'd have two washers, one that is smaller (welded to the ring) and then the 2" one you added.

Status
Not open for further replies.