• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sprouting Groove..

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica

That's ok. I didn't know how either. :hug8: Once you know, it's easy but seriously.. I recommend that you purchase a sprouter first.:dance4: Mine was actually a gift but I know they are inexpensive.
Where would I buy that. I just found out how to do it but its how to make a home made one. Are they just at target in the kitchen area?

prettyinpink

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
I received mine as a gift a few years ago when I had no clue or interest in sprouting. :o:I was thinking of throwing this away many times but am so glad I didn't.:p I'm not sure what the brand is but I did find this on the internet. Mine is pretty much the same but green!
Sprouter - Growing of Sprouts
Oh lol didn't look over te thread, do they hAve them in the store? And I'll have no clue how to use it he he

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Erica, I would check a healthfood store. They would certainly have one.:D

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
What brands do you purchase Natacha?:D
Yikes I totally didn't come around here in a while.

What I use?...A mix I bought from La Volière (apparently all organic).
I also use Avian Vitality Bean Sprouts from Avian Organics (I stocked up last time there were on sale) and I recently got a small bag of Totally Organics All in one seed mix to try out :) (haven't opened that bag yet).

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
THanks Natacha!!:D

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
I need to start sprouting again! Actually, I need to buy more grains, legumes, and seeds to sprout, then I need to start sprouting again:o: I meant to last Saturday when I was near the store I buy my sprouting supplies at, but I kinda stayed too long after work having coffee and chatting, and the store closed LOL.
i also need to start agian

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Those sprouts look delicious! I will have to find a sprouter for Emmett. He's pretty picky about pellets but not his mashie! :) lol I could mix those right in and he would gobble them right up! Thanks for the pics!

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
My guys love the Totally Organics All In One.

I just use a Mason jar with a stainless steel strainer that you would put in your sink too keep stuff from going down the drain, so I can do the rinses easier and apple cider vinegar and for the 12 hour draining I tip the jar with the strainer sitting in the mouth of the jar in a bowl so it will drain good but also have good air circulation. Then I put them in the fridge, I only make enough each time for them to consume them without the sprouts sitting for an indefinate time.

I have tried getting various stuff from the organic store but for some reason my guys prefer the TOPS better.

Status
Not open for further replies.