• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Something interesting I observed today

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
A few minutes ago I was sitting in my room and saw Keeper trying to mount Kin! I understand it's pretty normal for same sex bonded birds but my guys are 7 1/2 months old! They've both been kinda mean to Kendalyn earlier today but after the incident Kin went back to trying to make friends with her. Kin didn't allow Keeper to fully mate with him but he didn't seem too upset about it. He just kind of moved until Keeper got off. :lol:
So I guess I just wanted to share but also was unsure if this was young for parrotlets or a normal age? They've shown aggression since about 3-4 months old so I am assuming they just mature quickly. Now I'm just worried about Kendalyn laying eggs because she has always been super snuggly. :rolleyes:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Smaller birds go through puberty early on. But then again even baby birds and juveniles will hump eachother. Opa my 4y.o U2 started humping at 8 months of age. :p

Tangle Elf

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It always amazes me when people say that animals don't display homosexual behavior. My cousin had two male cats that "loved" each other a lot. When females came prowling around, they ran them off.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Parrotlets are usually mature by 1....so they are right on schedule! :hehe:

hockeymomwood

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ellen
Mercedez.... I think you are embarrassing Opa. Some things are meant to be private.:D

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
It can be recreational. But also, practice makes perfect for when the time is right. Yes, you may see young birds doing it too!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I was kind of in shock when I saw it. They aren't babies anymore. :p

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Devon, my black cheek lovie, is starting to do the mating dance and he is only 5 months old!:o: But I suppose he might have learned it from Rigby, who is a big old flirt...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.