• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Some long deserved updates

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
Sorry about kinda falling off the face of the Earth, I stay pretty well busy these days.

Got some updates to make. We ended up deciding to just foster Olivia and found her a nice home with a woman that lives maybe 30 minutes away. She has other cockatiels for Olivia to get to know, so that made me feel a little better <3 You all know how I am about having one bird among humans(yanno, I don't think it's right to isolate a bird to solely human interaction).

OH, and we did find a place! We have our own, well, trailer home... It may not sound all that great, because trailers kinda have a bad wrap, and I used to buy into the trailer living stereotypes, but it's actually not all that bad. It's a very nice trailer home, very well maintained.~ We, ofcourse, replaced the flooring with linoleum. Much easier to clean up! Took a while to unpack all our things, but mainly because we have a ton of knick-knacks, most of them being things from my childhood that are now considered collectibles(I'll share them 'cause I just love them so much!). After unpacking necessary things, though, like pet supplies, I started on the bird room. I ditched most of the things when I moved, sadly. Kept the more expensive pieces, ofcourse, like play stands, purifiers, and perches, and bought some new toys, ropes, etc. We're currently waiting for a large shipment of toys to come in so I can really spruce up the room! It'll all be gone in no time, but that's ok! Only parronts can understand the joys of buying toys only to see them be shredded on your floor! :heart: Sorry if the picture I share looks a little bare, it was taken a few weeks ago, and I'm continuing to make improvements. I really really want a huuuuge play net to hang up next! I know Scruff would be ecstatic to have one!

We've also took in some more little babies. Four little budgies and an Indian Ringneck. The budgies were bought for a child as a gift and then the child decided he didn't want them anymore because they were 'mean'. This is why you do not buy parent raised budgies for kids. :banghead: Two of them are very against anything coming near them. They want no part of being held, no part of any form of interaction except for interaction of their own species, this would be the green female named Chloe and the blue male named Edward. The pied male, Thomas, will tolerate it but he only tolerates it for so long before flying back to his flock. The skyblue(I think it's a boy..) named Skye seems very timid, shy, and doesn't really complain about anything. It's kinda sad, really, it's like he doesn't know what to think of anything, so he just sits there. :( The indian ringneck, is also very timid, appears to be nervous of hands, and will bite. He'll willingly step up most of the time, but wants nothing to do with hands other than for the purpose of transportation. We're trying to work with him though. Don't know anything about his history, really. He was a rehome. Anyone have information on the legband initials LHM? He's LHM 060. It'd be nice if I atleast could figure out the hatchdate :(

Zeki has learned so many words! So has Scruff and Rosco! We recently made the discovery that Scruff does a fair share of talking around the house, he just never does it when we're looking at him, lol! Stinker he is. Bhaskara seems to be trying to form words, but nothing that can be understood yet. Nirmala still babbles, but that's ok <3 She's our special girl.~

Lots of pictures!

I spy a batbird! (PS: He was on a harness. Would never let any of my babies outside without it. We have the flightline, as well, that anchors into the ground so they have a little more freedom.)

Another sighting of the elusive batbird! Scruff really loves to swing from the ropes.

Two peas-in-a-pod, these two are! Best of friends, but Rosco still loves his momma!

Rosco really loves his fruit, but loves nothing more than to shred them himself!

They absolutely LOVE this wooden abacus! I keep having to buy them, 'cause they're gone instantly!

A little too bare for my likings... Needs more stuff, like that play net. I hadn't re-assembled the metal perch yet when I took this photo.

Bhas's favorite part of the day! He LOVES his baths. He goes absolutely crazy when I whip our the mister!

Mmmm tasty mash!

I sometimes worry Zeki is TOO much of a healthy eater.. I mean, he EATS... A LOT. I think I may address this in another thread.

This is Thomas. He's such a handsome fellow <3 Why would anybody not want this cutie?

Cutie :heart:

This is Chloe. Does not want nothing to do with humans. :( She's got quite a painful bite, too.

This is Edward. Also does not prefer to be handled.

This is Skye. He came clipped, no clue why... Maybe because he was so agreeable with everything where the others weren't so willing...

Last edited:

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas

This is Indra. He doesn't mind sitting on the head and picking at my hair, but he seems to have issues with hands... As I said, I have no insight about his past.. I wish I did :(

Messy eater! He's a recent addition, so I kept in on his previous diet of Higgin's Mayan Harvest.

I think this is easily on of my favorite pictures, right up there with Rosco looking to the sky and Nir posing on a tree with pink flowers :heart: So gorgeous.~

PS: We were told Indra was a boy.. I really don't know. If he's a he then he's a young he... but, since I know nothing of his history, age, nothing, it's hard to say anything definitively. :(

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations on the move..great to see pics of the flock.. :hug8:

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Love the pictures!
Glad to hear from you again. :D

You should make a video of Zeki's vocabulary. I'd love to hear what kind of voice he has. Do he and Bhaskara still love each other like they did at the petstore?

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
Love the pictures!
Glad to hear from you again. :D

You should make a video of Zeki's vocabulary. I'd love to hear what kind of voice he has. Do he and Bhaskara still love each other like they did at the petstore?
I've tried to record him, but every time he stops talking :( The best I have of him is him going Oh! and Step up! repeatedly, but he knows sooo much more! He knows: Hello!(pronounces it in different ways, like 'hewo!'), Never ever!(one of Bamboo's vocab), No!, Good boyyyy, Oh!, Step up!, Awwwww/Ohhhhhhh!(more like a wailing sound, but he pronounces it that way), Polly wanna cracker?(another from Bamboo), Bamboooo(obviously Bamboo's), a loud wail that he picked up from Bamboo(usually occurs before or after polly wanna cracker, as that was the specific order Bamboo did it in), purring noises, and he can even cry EXACTLY like a baby, it's super creepy but he picked that up from the store owner's daughter/Bamboo. Lately he's been a little stubborn about talking with us, normally because he's too busy stuffing his face all that time :( ... I've been watching his weight to try and prevent obesity, but I feel as if, if he keeps up with his eating habits, he may eventually become obese. He almost never stops eating, and he's aggressive when there's food around. :( His last weigh was 355g. It's stayed pretty much the same since he came home, no drops and no raises.

Sadly, Bhaskara does not appear to remember, as he treats Zeki as he does any other stranger, flying away and floofing up from afar, puffing out that chest and holding his wings a little out to the side. Zeki does not appear to care either way, he'll look at Bhas for a moment, then go on to looking at other things around him.

Here's that video:

Last edited: