• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some Cute Pics And ............A New Name?

LiveLolBrd

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lana
Hey. hey everybody! (just a random post to tell what we did today)

The birds were super cute today so I did a mini photoshoot! I also created an Instagram and a Ticktoc account! Go check them out! I made the birds a seagrass swing and they are really enjoying it! OH! I almost forgot! When I got Princeton I just assumed Princeton was a boy I don't know why (maybe cause I liked the name for a boy?) but I just found out SHE was a girl not a boy! Soooo I renamed her. I didn't really want a girl bird named princeton.. I named her Kiwi! Today was fruit day and the birds got pear because they really like it! The pear is at the bottom of everything else BTW. They also got to try some ginger and kale!

Here are some pics from the day.
1714343543018.png 1714343554363.png 1714343565566.png 1714343575912.png 1714343583364.png

birdienerd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
You can call me Birdie or J/Jay!
Hey. hey everybody! (just a random post to tell what we did today)

The birds were super cute today so I did a mini photoshoot! I also created an Instagram and a Ticktoc account! Go check them out! I made the birds a seagrass swing and they are really enjoying it! OH! I almost forgot! When I got Princeton I just assumed Princeton was a boy I don't know why (maybe cause I liked the name for a boy?) but I just found out SHE was a girl not a boy! Soooo I renamed her. I didn't really want a girl bird named princeton.. I named her Kiwi! Today was fruit day and the birds got pear because they really like it! The pear is at the bottom of everything else BTW. They also got to try some ginger and kale!

Here are some pics from the day.
View attachment 445774 View attachment 445775 View attachment 445776 View attachment 445777 View attachment 445778
Kiwi is an adorable name!!!! Did you get her dna tested to find out?

LiveLolBrd

Real Name
Lana
Kiwi is an adorable name!!!! Did you get her dna tested to find out?
I love the name too! No I didn’t test her dna because I can tell from her cere. I couldn’t when I got her because she was 1 and a half months old. But she is 7 and a half months now! How much are dna testing kits tho?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You don’t need a DNA test. You can just post a picture of the face in natural light here.

I wouldn’t change the name. I have a male named Marigold.

LiveLolBrd

Real Name
Lana
You don’t need a DNA test. You can just post a picture of the face in natural light here.

I wouldn’t change the name. I have a male named Marigold.
Okay, that's good.
1714414532188.png
Why wouldn't you change the name? Is it just because you don't need to? Or does it do something to the bird? She started acting super happy and cute, started giving me kisses and coming to me just to kiss me and letting me scritch her AFTER I started calling her Kiwi not Princeton. When I called her Princeton she would bite me and wouldn't let me touch her and she wouldn't come unless I had millet that was visible and she wouldn't kiss me.

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I wouldn’t change her name, because I like names & feel that they are somehow intrinsic to someone’s being. I chose not to change Marigold’s name & now, when I hear of girls named that, I find myself thinking what a masculine name. :laugh:

If you prefer Kiwi, that’s your choice. However, the increased responsiveness may be due to how long you’ve had Kiwi rather than her name. Either way, I certainly don’t see how a name change would be damaging.

LiveLolBrd

Real Name
Lana
I wouldn’t change her name, because I like names & feel that they are somehow intrinsic to someone’s being. I chose not to change Marigold’s name & now, when I hear of girls named that, I find myself thinking what a masculine name. :laugh:

If you prefer Kiwi, that’s your choice. However, the increased responsiveness may be due to how long you’ve had Kiwi rather than her name. Either way, I certainly don’t see how a name change would be damaging.
Okay. :laughing2:
I do prefer Kiwi, for about a month know I was thinking about changing the name and it had nothing to do with gender. But when I found out about her being well a her I decided to change the name!
It is just kinda hard to say Princeton more than twice and so making a song about how good she is is really hard. lol