• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Society Finch Acting Weird

EmilyM

Checking out the neighborhood
I have a male and female Society Finch. They have had a great relationship over the past year. Their cage is a good size and their food is changed daily with a few treats added in. They have access to Timothy Hay for nest building and a cozy nest in which they love to snuggle together. Last week, the male got out of the cage and flew around the living room before he was caught and returned “home”. We had eyes on him at all times so we know he was not injured during his journey. But one week out from his jaunt, he refuses to leave the nest. He used to come out and sing or chatter for hours and now he comes out once a day to eat. The times that he has been out of the nest, I have checked for egg and there is nothing there. I am not sure what to do. To say the least, I am worried about him. This is not his normal behavior by any means. Does anyone have any insight? Thank you!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
This is kind of normal. As long as he’s eating and drinking, and isn’t fluffed up I wouldn’t worry about it.

EmilyM

Checking out the neighborhood
This is kind of normal. As long as he’s eating and drinking, and isn’t fluffed up I wouldn’t worry about it.
thank you so very much! It eases the worry!