• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So which zons made their way over??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Hey Melissa, brought my Bodinus over to join Bo :) As you can see I found my way so no need to reply to my PM

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
What gorgeous Amazons everyone has!:)

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Wow, all these zons are gorgeous!!!! I also love the smell of them...mmmmm....

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Max and I made it (as well as the rest of the flock) Loving the pics of all the zon's! I just love the smell of zon's. I am always burying my face into Max's feathers. It's such a unique smell.
Has he always ate with a spoon? My TAG and my 'too both will eat off of a spoon, but my amazons don't get it. They will try to step up on a spoon instead if I offer one to them.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
The picture of Danny flying is PRICELESS!

Sam Mealy is here too. Gotta get all our mealies together! Has anyone seen Kallie and her Cara?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
OMG!! You have both a Mealy and a Salvin's?!?! :eek:
I know we've chatted in the past about mine. He does have a tiny bit of yellow that came in this year early on. He has a tiny bit of yellow/orange coming in around his other eye. He is just a tad over two last month. I am not sure if he's a Salvin's or not.

The Mealy baby is new, he came home in late August after I found him local to me in late July. A Mealy was the way to go, and they truly are overlooked gems. If people knew how sweet and gentle they are, maybe you'd see more in the trade vs the more colorful Zons. The Green on a Mealy in person is incredibly green, just like an irridescent lime. :D

They both get along very well, it's a joy to see them interact.

Last edited:

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I would love to get a Mealy but they're practically the ONLY Amazon that is not in Australia :(

Great size and temprement that makes them a wonderful solution as a companion parrot. Surprisingly underated.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I agree about the mealies...Apollos is just so sweet....All the pics are gorgeous!

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
all the zons are GORGEOUS.

I love all zons, by favorite birds, but i'm with whoever said BFA's are their weakness. Ahh, BFA's... *LOVE*

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Has he always ate with a spoon? My TAG and my 'too both will eat off of a spoon, but my amazons don't get it. They will try to step up on a spoon instead if I offer one to them.
Angela, Max only does it with mashed potatoes :hehe: Years ago he was perched on a chair while we were eating dinner. I had just scooped up a bite of taters when the phone rang. I put down the spoon to go answer the phone and Max hopped off the chair onto the table and picked up the spoon with the potatoes and started eating. It happened so fast and I guess we made a big deal of it, so it's now like a tradition. If we have mashed potatoes I have to make unbuttered and unsalted ones just for him, lol

TITANIS

I know we've chatted in the past about mine. He does have a tiny bit of yellow that came in this year early on. He has a tiny bit of yellow/orange coming in around his other eye. He is just a tad over two last month. I am not sure if he's a Salvin's or not.
OK, yes, I remember you! How have you been? It was back in spring that we had a discussion about your RLA. I remember the beautiful photos. I think it's pretty safe to say you have a Salvin's. I'm pretty convinced your RLA is either a Salvin's or perhaps even a Lilacine which has just a brush of yellow. Another possibility would be a cross between Salvin's and nominate RLA. Your RLA is stunning whichever ssp. :cool3:

The Mealy baby is new, he came home in late August after I found him local to me in late July. A Mealy was the way to go, and they truly are overlooked gems. If people knew how sweet and gentle they are, maybe you'd see more in the trade vs the more colorful Zons. The Green on a Mealy in person is incredibly green, just like an irridescent lime. :D
You made a fantastic choice in a Mealy. Yes, they're often overlooked, yes they're gorgeous, and yes, they are VERY sweet. Many people don't equate the word 'sweet' with the stereotypical Amazon aloofness and unpredictability, but Mealies are all that plus so much more. Congrats on this stunning addition to your flock!! :heart:

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Great pics of Bama, Janet :D

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Angela, Max only does it with mashed potatoes :hehe: Years ago he was perched on a chair while we were eating dinner. I had just scooped up a bite of taters when the phone rang. I put down the spoon to go answer the phone and Max hopped off the chair onto the table and picked up the spoon with the potatoes and started eating. It happened so fast and I guess we made a big deal of it, so it's now like a tradition. If we have mashed potatoes I have to make unbuttered and unsalted ones just for him, lol
Lol, that is a cute story! Maybe I should try sitting down the spoon and see if they will pick it up on their own.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Thanks, Stevo! I just saw your flying pic of Danny...LOVE it. So sharp!
Thanks Janet :hug8: Here's another and then one that's not so sharp :o:

Coming in for landing

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Danny chewing on a fork. It started out with him eating Banana bread from it, but when he finished the bread....... :eek:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.