• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So Sad and So Sick of Being Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
What I am trying to say is don't feel scared or weird about asking for pills or help. You might be surprised an how much a pill can help.
Hugs and Good luck
:hug8:Lots of good advice here but I just want to second the advice about not fearing asking for medical help. I toughed it out for way too long. We all try to take one day at a time but when too many things gang up on you, you can spiral down so low you need outside help to get up again! Don't hesitate to ask for help. And take all the help you can find!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
I have been having a lot of stress in my life the last couple years. My sister is dying of cancer, I lost two dogs last summer on the same day. And many many other problems. I thought I would pull threw but the stress on my body was effecting my health. I finally asked my doctor about something to help. He told me get outside in the sunshine more and gave my Prozac.
I was worried about taking it but now that I have been on it for three months I think it is one of the best things. With it I am able to get outside more. My blood pressure and sugar levels have come down and my headaches are less then half what they use to be.
What I am trying to say is don't feel scared or weird about asking for pills or help. You might be surprised an how much a pill can help.
Hugs and Good luck
I am calling my Doctor today...It is time. I do not believe I can do this to my body any longer and it is time for outside help. I do have a theory on why this happening and I am pretty certain this is why I am 'over the edge'. Yes, the stresses of life have been great these past 5 years and I am sure I should have been taking something a long time ago. I tend to rough it out, sotospeak. 9 months ago I quit smoking. I used Chantix and it did not agree with me, at all. I feel like it altered the chemicals in my brain and when I stopped taking it my chemicals never returned to where they should be. I have had a feeling of being uptight for 9 months now and it is showing thru in my blood pressure levels etc...Thank you for your post and sometimes that is what people need to hear to know it is OK to get help. We have similarities, my little sister died of Cancer in 97. She and I were diagnosed 90 days apart in 95. My poor parents. Stay strong and if you ever need an ear, I am here.

Thank you everybody for the positive words, it is appreciated. :)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry all this has happened :hug8:.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette

Status
Not open for further replies.