• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Singing Lessons

ArowanaLover

Sprinting down the street
I want Nigel to start singing some little tunes. How would i go about teaching him these?

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
It's good to start at a young age and early, glad you want to.:) Maybe start to whistle a tune that you like, and that you would like to hear nearly 24/7:lol:not saying that you will hear it but my parrot learnt a word and never stops speaking it.:wacky: I like the hunger games whistle tune, ,maybe you could go on you tube and play a tune to your Tiel. Hope it works out for both of you:hug8:

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
My 7m old tiel is always whistling so I started whistling back at him and now he knows several whistles! I am now whistling the "Happy Birsthday" song to him everyday several times a day! He listens intensively and is starting to try to whistle with me now! I can't wait till he figures it out!!

Wolf

Jogging around the block
I put the tune on to play and whistle along with it. I also usually do this while the bird is perched on me so that I can dance with the bird while whistling the tune. If the bird is on the cage, instead, I will bob my head to the tune just like they do. The more dramatic I can make it the more they enjoy it and they pick it up faster that way.