• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Simon's Size Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana64

Walking the driveway
Finally got a good comparison shot....

Maya weighs about 1100grams and is 38 inches in length....

Simon weighs about 1780grams (at last check, gaining weekly and almost back to his normal weight [1850grams] before he went into foster care) and is 42 inches in length...

Y'all can clearly tell Maya is on the left and Simon is on the right...

Attachments

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Maya weighs about 1100grams and is 38 inches in length....

Simon weighs about 1780grams (at last check, gaining weekly and almost back to his normal weight [1850grams] before he went into foster care) and is 42 inches in length...

Y'all can clearly tell Maya is on the left and Simon is on the right...
Wowzer!!!! :omg: That is one big boy. He's stunningly beautiful too :heart:

He is as big as Elvis, Zoe, Max and Corbit all combined....

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Dana64

Walking the driveway
Yup... Holiday... he is not to be messed with... a very big boy. He's doing very well. He had lost alot of weight while he was in foster care, but now that he is in his forever home (that's me!)m he has really been blossoming. He eats like a mad dog. I don't think he was eating very well before because he had been in 3 foster home in a 2 month time frame.... just far too much instability for him... We have had him since July 20th and he's gained almost 400 grams since then... he's happy and it shows!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yup... Holiday... he is not to be messed with... a very big boy. He's doing very well. He had lost alot of weight while he was in foster care, but now that he is in his forever home (that's me!)m he has really been blossoming. He eats like a mad dog. I don't think he was eating very well before because he had been in 3 foster home in a 2 month time frame.... just far too much instability for him... We have had him since July 20th and he's gained almost 400 grams since then... he's happy and it shows!
That is wonderful! :) I am so happy for him. It is always so good to hear about a macaw with a good appetite and a happy life :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
What a great pic! They are beautiful.:heart: Simon is huge!:eek:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a stunning boy you have there,he's a giant compaired to his friend.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Yeah.... I think his breeder injected steroids into his egg! :lol:.... He is very big.... I can't perch him on my arm for very long because he starts to weigh me down.....
I have a friend who just took in a pair of birds from an elderly couple who couldn't care for them anymore. She said the male is the biggest B&G she has ever seen, bigger than most GW's!:eek: I forget the weight, I will have to ask her again. He is a Bolivian.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is one big boy!! :)

Barb E

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
WOW Dana,
Maybe it's not the same Simon I met at the conference.
He's huge - bigger than a Hyacinth.
Do you know which aviary he came from?
My Rawk is from your neck of the woods and came from Milkwood aviary (or so I'm told). Apparently there's a woman in Southern Ontario that had very large GW's. Her name is Lynn Highmarsh or something like that.
Rawk is also a large GW but not as big as your Simon.
He's around 1500 gms - I haven't weighed him again since we got him - also in July :)

It's wonderful to hear how well Simon is doing and I'm especially happy that he has a friend to hang out with :) They look lovely together!

NikkiLS

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
That is one beautiful boy! and Maya is a beautiful girl too :)

Dana64

Walking the driveway
WOW Dana,
Maybe it's not the same Simon I met at the conference.
He's huge - bigger than a Hyacinth.
Do you know which aviary he came from?
My Rawk is from your neck of the woods and came from Milkwood aviary (or so I'm told). Apparently there's a woman in Southern Ontario that had very large GW's. Her name is Lynn Highmarsh or something like that.
Rawk is also a large GW but not as big as your Simon.
He's around 1500 gms - I haven't weighed him again since we got him - also in July :)

It's wonderful to hear how well Simon is doing and I'm especially happy that he has a friend to hang out with :) They look lovely together!
Hi Barb... I'm fairly certain the Simon you met and Simon I have, are one in the same. Maybe you just remember him differently. I know when I would see him at the parrot club meetings, he didn't look THAT big, big yes, but not overly so... until you put him beside Maya... then you really see the difference.

Raja, my Blue & Gold was hatched out of Milkwood Aviaries... who don't have the best reputation around these parts... when I first got Raja, I was trying to find more about her and the guy at Milkwood was less than helpful and said he doesn't keep copies of his records... they go with the bird when it is sold. 3 months later I got a surprise in the mailbox, Raja's previous owner happened to find those records (her hatch certificate and daily weight records, etc) and mailed them to me.

Simon was hatched in South Florida somewhere. His first owner was a female police officer out of Miami. He was sold and the new owner brought him to Canada. I am still trying to obtain more detailed information about his origins. But backtracking a 17 year old Greenwing's life and travels between 2 countries is a time-comsuming thing... it may take awhile.

I'll be at the Parrot Conference in November, but I won't be bringing Simon or any of my other flock with me, sadly, as I have to stay in a hotel and that would be just too problematic. Will you be there? You should look me up... PM me and I'll share my details with you....

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.