• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sighting of sun conure

ali_and_birdie

Meeting neighbors
Hi all -- my neighbor has seen a sun conure visiting her yard for a week or two now. Two questions:

1. Does anyone have tips for luring the bird? It's been eating mulberries in a tall tree and hasn't come down. It's not in the tree all the time, it just visits most days. I advised her to put out nuts and treats and call to it.

2. I've looked on the various lost parrot alert websites and have only seen 2 posts about sun conures even remotely close to our location. However, neither have quite the same coloring. I don't have sun conures so I don't know if their coloring shifts over time. Is it possible a conure would get more green on its wing over the course of a month or so?

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
To answer your first question, I would put out a small cage with food and water. Parrots tend t recognize cages as home and will land on/in them.

And the second, I doubt the coloring would change especially if the sun conure is an adult.
The missing ads probably say if their lost conures are banded too and possibly the band number so if this conure is caught, that could help answer if it is a conure from one of the ads.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Where are you at, a new member posted a lost Sun Conure comment from New York just a few post below yours today.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where are you at, a new member posted a lost Sun Conure comment from New York just a few post below yours today.

I was just about to post that! I hope it's the same one!

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann

Thank you. You beat me to it. :)