• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

*sigh*

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
So.. look at this wonderful canary breeding on 5 healthy eggs, beeing fed by the male, all good and wonderful you would think..

The thing is.. this is Fred.
Fred is now happily singing for Bert, my other male canary who happily feeds Fred, while Fred hapily breeds on the eggs he stolen from A female who is now sort of lost on where her eggs are..

nice.. homoseksual canary’s..

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Fingers crossed Fred wins the canary Mum of the year award! I have faith in Fred. :laugh:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
The aviary is cursed i tell you this!

the black hooded siskins have 4 eggs now, i will be seeing next week if they have embryo’s in them. Would sure help my mood, some good news :)

we have 2 female Chinese quails.. or so we thought.. as one of them is breeding on 9 eggs that have youngs in them! Looking RREEAALLYY close i can make out some faint white feathers the male has, but i obviously did not look for them because.. well.. they where both females..

i did mention our homosexual canarys, they are still steadily breeding, i really wonder how this turns out!

Last week i tried selling the aviary, but when the time came.. i could not do it :( We have decided to move the aviary against the shed so i can build an indoor shelter. That way i can keep some more exotic finches :) And i am teaching my mom the daily care, gives her something to do as wel!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Make sure to post some pics when the quails hatch :D I love those fluffy little babies :xflove:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last week i tried selling the aviary, but when the time came.. i could not do it :( We have decided to move the aviary against the shed so i can build an indoor shelter. That way i can keep some more exotic finches :) And i am teaching my mom the daily care, gives her something to do as wel!
Awww I am happy you have a project to move forward with. Getting your mum involved is a lovely idea, and the changes you make will be a nice way of changing things up but still honoring your dad's memory. I can't wait to see some exotic finches! What did you have in mind?
I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable with finches!

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Well, we had 12 canary‘s, a couple bullfinches, (my dad’s favorites) and red siskins and black headed siskins (my favorites) And 2 chinese quails.

i have toned down the canary’s to 4 (2 couples) and i seperated the red siskins... But eventually i want the aviary to contain some plants as well :) it should be bird heaven!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
The aviary is cursed i tell you this!

the black hooded siskins have 4 eggs now, i will be seeing next week if they have embryo’s in them. Would sure help my mood, some good news :)

we have 2 female Chinese quails.. or so we thought.. as one of them is breeding on 9 eggs that have youngs in them! Looking RREEAALLYY close i can make out some faint white feathers the male has, but i obviously did not look for them because.. well.. they where both females..

i did mention our homosexual canarys, they are still steadily breeding, i really wonder how this turns out!

This post put the biggest smile on my face and a warmth in my heart!! You seem to have found a solution to a few of the things that were initially bothering you and you get to keep going on the project you and your dad started together :heart:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
This post put the biggest smile on my face and a warmth in my heart!! You seem to have found a solution to a few of the things that were initially bothering you and you get to keep going on the project you and your dad started together :heart:
Well, there’s still some doubt obviously, i really have no idea where or how or when.. But we’ll get there i suppose.
I just ned to find the fun in it again. But thats with everything at the moment.

You know, ive always been taking care of my parents. They are ehmm.. how to translate.. “less intelligent” then most people. So they need constant care, which ive done for the past 26 years (since ive been 12) with both love and hate (i love my parents, obviously.. i just wish i could have been their child, instead of their babysitter) and then to end things like this.. its just Not right :(

There’s so much rage and hatred in me.. i dont know how it got there, and i really dont know how to get it out either.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Well, there’s still some doubt obviously, i really have no idea where or how or when.. But we’ll get there i suppose.
I just ned to find the fun in it again. But thats with everything at the moment.

You know, ive always been taking care of my parents. They are ehmm.. how to translate.. “less intelligent” then most people. So they need constant care, which ive done for the past 26 years (since ive been 12) with both love and hate (i love my parents, obviously.. i just wish i could have been their child, instead of their babysitter) and then to end things like this.. its just Not right :(

There’s so much rage and hatred in me.. i dont know how it got there, and i really dont know how to get it out either.
:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Do you make special time for you that is out of the house and different to everything that is your normal life? If not please do this- find a nice place to walk or go sit and read, an ice cream shop, anything that makes you smile and feel good- you need something to look forward to and treat yourself with even if it is just something small :)