• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Sick bird please help- Sad Update Post #20

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I am so sorry for your loss, but that is a wonderful life and he will be waiting for you. Hugs to you.

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Im sorry for your loss

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry. Rocky was a very handsome boy and lucky to have been loved so much by you. :sorrow:

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Drini
I also sprung some tears when I read this. I am so sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

Carrie Anne

Moving in
I just saw these responses, I am so very grateful for you guys!! I am very touched and comforted as I read these and also that some of you even had tears in your eyes for us! Now I feel Rocky had even more love from people who loved though they'd never met him! Tears in my eyes,... Thank you so much!! I will visit this Bridge that you all spoke of and am sure Rocky will make friends with the other Rocky and other birdies there! Thank you so much for your heart, you guys are wonderful!! I wish Kenya could understand your thoughts and about Rocky .. He seems to be having a very rough time- screaming non stop and barely eating even though they weren't super close.. I wonder if any of you have recommendations for the other member of the flock (Kenya) who is very confused by Rocky's absence? As for me, I am doing just a bit better every day. I still have questions about how much better I could have done but still, I am mostly at peace , still grieving of course, but all in all doing better than anyone Who knew Rocky and I thought I would ! Every day is a bit better. I think my friends are going to help me have little celebration in Spring when the flowers bloom, and I will sprinkle his ashes in Central Park. And Monica... I do hope you have another 15 years .. Or more w yours!!!! I truly think Rocky lived to be loved on ... So give yours all the cuddles you can .. Or that they will let you! And I wish more greAt health for all of your birdies, and Bodie is also in my thoughts! ( Lets make sure people are aware of Amphotericin B.. I see Rocky is not the only one who was damaged by that!)

Ziggy Stardust

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jodie Reed
Gosh Carrie I am sorry that Kenya is having a rough time. Of course, the poor little birdie cannot understand why Rocky is never seen now. I am sorry that I have no knowledge in this area and I hope another member who has experienced this will come along. Kenya May be picking up on your grief and feel insecure and stressed. Maybe just talk calmly to Kenya and explain what has happened ie. that Rocky got sick and crossed to the Rainbow Bridge on the other side. I believe in my heart that birds understand so much more than we might think. Maybe you and Kenya can help each other through this terribly sad time. Hugs to you and a soft little scritch for Kenya.
P.s. In the hospital where I worked with sick babies we called Amphotericin B. Amphoterrible. But if a baby or bird or adult has a fungal infection, it's the gold standard of treatment. Terrible side effects and some cannot tolerate it. Particularly the sicker little ones.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
so sorry for your loss