• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Show me your lovie set ups!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
As of now I can't explain.

But!

Show me your set ups! Also share your lovies diet, fav treats, fav toys, do you have a hut for them? Looking for any lovie information you'd like to share :)

GlassOnion

You're getting a love?!

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Is there a lovie in your future? :D

ifly

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ariba
I might be getting one too!!! YAY for both of us:) lol:) I would also love to see some lovie set ups!

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
:eek: :starshower1:

My babies are sleeping right now but I've been meaning to take some new pictures of their area - so first thing in the morning I will post our current set up!! Excited to see some other lovebird set ups too (cough, Adele).

As for their diet, favorite things, etc....

The lovebird diet here consists of a variety of mashes (4 days a week in the AM), bird bread with red palm oil (1 day a week in the AM), fresh fruits and veggies (2 days a week in the AM), pellets (half Harrison's lifetime size fine and half TOPS crumplets - Daily in the PM), seed (daily in the PM for going into their cages at night).

Their favorite treat is millet and is used for training only. They get random other treats via foraging like AO treats, nutriberries, sunflower seeds, etc.

Favorite toys here include balsa and shreddables of all types. I limit shredding toys though because my lady birds are TOO nesty. Bells are a favorite. 'Ring Around the Rainbow' by StarBird is also a favorite here. Tiki really likes this toy by Scooter Z. They like beads, especially unstrung. I sometimes put some in their food bowl for foraging fun! Also, spiral cut straws are a favorite here!

No huts here but everybird has something to cuddle with. We use 'Cozy Corners' or fleece snuggly toys.

Some other things they really seem to like are their OG rope swings, natural perching with lots of branches, any type of perching that's hung from the ceiling, and a 'window' perch of some sort.

Can't wait to hear what happens with your potential lovie :D

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
sounds exciting :D

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
photo-1.jpg

here's the boys' setup when they first moved into their flight cage :) It's evolved a little since then but you get the basic idea ;)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a great set up Jenny!

Matt

Naiera

Real Name
Alyssa
Here is our set up. The blue cage is where Mango and Peaches live.

MPcage.jpg

Tiki and Olive live on the other side of the room in separate cages. Tiki's cage is on the left (he likes to be near a window) and Olive's cage is on the right.

TOcage2.jpg

Tiki's cage with Olive on top.

Tcage.jpg

Olive's cage.

Ocage.jpg

And here's the whole shabang. It was difficult to fit it in one picture. Need one of those panoramic cameras!

room5.jpg

room1.jpg

All of the hanging stuff changes a lot. So does what's in their cages. They have some perches and such in the window that you can't see very well in these pictures. The window is their favorite spot, especially after a bath.

Lovebirdlover

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kennedy
I love how they are all flight cages :) hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.