• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Should I stop playing budgie sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodstock

Moving in
Forgive me everyone - I am new here. It may take me awhile to figure out where and how to post, so please be patient.

I want my budgies to bond with us. We've been playing natural budie sounds from the wild (on a cd) so they can feel part of a flock and more comfortable. Should we stop? Does that make them ignore us more, or does it not make a difference?

Much obliged, as usual!

:heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
no, I think it is fine....just a hint, the budgies will bond with each other more than you if you have more than one..but keep at it...as we have two tame budgies & two untamed..the two tamed budgies love each other butr they love us too..just takes time.

Coco's Momma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Robin
I think they will very much enjoy the sounds, it will add enrichment to their lives (auditory enrichment), and that it is a good thing especially if you are not in the room. I have 3 budgies, all great buds with each other, and all tame with me as well. I was just commenting to DH that if chirping means happy, then my 3 boys are the happiest in the land! I was in the room trying to crochet and couldn't hear myself think! But I can always leave the room if they get too loud; I know that they are happy. Not all budgies will be very vocal, or even respond to external bird-type noises. My budgies always do, and I found it to be something they really enjoy. :)

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I play YouTube parakeet videos for my fids all the time - they love it!

However, having multiple budgies together (in the same cage) will help prevent them from bonding to you. They still can and will, it will just take more work.

Coco's Momma

Real Name
Robin
However, having multiple budgies together (in the same cage) will help prevent them from bonding to you. They still can and will, it will just take more work.
It has been my experience that bonding with my 3 budgies that share space has not been any more difficult than bonding with one budgie, or one bird, individually. They can give each other things that I will never be able to give them. That is, flying with each other, preening, etc. BUT - I can give them something that they can never give each other. That is, the ultimate secret weapon in the budgie bonding arsenal......

In reality, it is much easier to work with all 3 of them at the same time, because all I need to do is get ONE of them interested in flying to me for millet. Peer pressure, and monkey-see, monkey-do are very strong when working with multiple birds. Whatever one bird has or is doing, the other birds quickly join in so as not to miss out on anything. ;)

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
I l;eave the radio on for them when Im not home. Having those sounds are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.