• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Should have kept my mouth shut! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyFamily

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laurie & Mark Ashley
So, I have to eat my words.. my bird is not such an angel after all! Remember the thread a few days ago, about bad birdy behavior, and I said that our birds were like angels? Not getting into things, etc? :shocked5:HA! Man did I stick my foot in it!

Smokey has decided the last 2 days to do everything in his power to drive me NUTS! He will not stay on his play stand at all now.. 2 mins after being out of his cage, he fly's to the couch and will not get off of it! I pick him up, put him back on his stand, I dont even have a chance to turn around and hes flying off again! :eek:

He has discovered the little levers on the side that flips up the recliner to it, and he wont stop messing with it, popping the recliner out, chewing on it, going under neath of it!! GRRRRRR! :mad:I went to get him out this last time and he freakin' bit me, hard! :eek: Broken skin, torn and bleeding hard :sad11:

So I thought.. OK he's bored, maybe? :thinking: I moved his play stand in another room, where he cant see the couches.

No better, he flys off it and goes straight for the computer monitor!! So now Im nursing a big bite on my forearm, im miffed at him and he is sitting in his cage LAUGHING AT ME ....:mad::tease:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:D My grey is pretty naughty too!

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
So, I have to eat my words.. my bird is not such an angel after all! Remember the thread a few days ago, about bad birdy behavior, and I said that our birds were like angels? Not getting into things, etc? :shocked5:HA! Man did I stick my foot in it!

Smokey has decided the last 2 days to do everything in his power to drive me NUTS! He will not stay on his play stand at all now.. 2 mins after being out of his cage, he fly's to the couch and will not get off of it! I pick him up, put him back on his stand, I dont even have a chance to turn around and hes flying off again! :eek:

He has discovered the little levers on the side that flips up the recliner to it, and he wont stop messing with it, popping the recliner out, chewing on it, going under neath of it!! GRRRRRR! :mad:I went to get him out this last time and he freakin' bit me, hard! :eek: Broken skin, torn and bleeding hard :sad11:

So I thought.. OK he's bored, maybe? :thinking: I moved his play stand in another room, where he cant see the couches.

No better, he flys off it and goes straight for the computer monitor!! So now Im nursing a big bite on my forearm, im miffed at him and he is sitting in his cage LAUGHING AT ME ....:mad::tease:
Should send him to birdie boot camp that will straighten him out seriously hormons and molting maybe?

SteinhebelAviary

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Leah
lol sounds like he may need a time out cage. But he sounds like a bundle of joy though.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
.....this is why when Wasabi has a rare day of being well behaved, I am quiet about it, because I believe that the law of averages will see to it that he'll turn back to the dark side within minutes. :lol: I hopes it's just a naughty day for Smokey and he returns to being an angel soon.

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Any time my birds are behaved and quiet, I know the next day will be the polar opposite.:rolleyes: He's found a fun spot to play, look out now! He's going to claim everything in the house as HIS.:rofl:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:lol:

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
.....this is why when Wasabi has a rare day of being well behaved, I am quiet about it, because I believe that the law of averages will see to it that he'll turn back to the dark side within minutes. :lol: I hopes it's just a naughty day for Smokey and he returns to being an angel soon.
Word of the day is "MURPHYS LAW":D

AshleyFamily

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laurie & Mark Ashley
I ended up having to go into urgent care... I have 6 stitches :( and I had to get a stupid shot *grumbles*... and they kept asking me "A bird did this?" "Are you sure a bird did this?"

I was like yes, a bird, a parrot that lives in my home as a member of our family that I love dearly and spoil rotten daily... he did this. Of course, that led to sideways looks and raised eyebrows, speculation.

Yep, Smokey is molting and he really just doesn't think he has to do something he doesn't want to do. Hormones may be playing into his mood swing as well, but Mama's laying the law down lately. He better shape up! :D I just got some new Feather In to mix into a 2x daily spray, so we will see how he likes baths a lot more and less time to be ornery! Either that, or I will start hanging big scary new toys all over the couch! :eek: If all this fails, he will end up getting clipped until he gets over this whole "I can do whatever I want" phase.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Hormones probably are a factor. He found a hidden new nesting spot and you tried to take it away from him. Shame, shame! He discovered it all by his self and he was keeping it!

In Sunshine Senegal's first hormonal season I had sat a twelve inch square cardboard box on to of her cage 'temporarily' until I emptied it. Of course I forgot I put it there and the next day found Sunny enscounced in the box, cheerfuly acting broody and chewing on the inside of the box. I recognized the pre-egg laying moves from my cockatiels and immediately tried to take the box from her. BAD idea. The only time ever drew blood when she bit me. Immediately, I realized my mistake and just let her play house for the rest of the day. Once I put her to bed for the night, I made sure the box disappeared from the birdroom....

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
I ended up having to go into urgent care... I have 6 stitches :( and I had to get a stupid shot *grumbles*... and they kept asking me "A bird did this?" "Are you sure a bird did this?"

I was like yes, a bird, a parrot that lives in my home as a member of our family that I love dearly and spoil rotten daily... he did this. Of course, that led to sideways looks and raised eyebrows, speculation.

Yep, Smokey is molting and he really just doesn't think he has to do something he doesn't want to do. Hormones may be playing into his mood swing as well, but Mama's laying the law down lately. He better shape up! :D I just got some new Feather In to mix into a 2x daily spray, so we will see how he likes baths a lot more and less time to be ornery! Either that, or I will start hanging big scary new toys all over the couch! :eek: If all this fails, he will end up getting clipped until he gets over this whole "I can do whatever I want" phase.
Spoken like a moma who had been bit :lol:you have the " ill show him attitude" if I was a fly on the wall to see it play out:lol:Sorry don't mean to laugh at you I have been there and done that . As a matter of fact my wifes shweepea is being a monster he has bipolar hormones he draws you in with neck rub and does the rattle snack switch back to get you between the fingers I feel sorry for the guy and you and smokey male bird version of PMS ...good luck

Sonny

Walking the driveway
I guess if you ever get called a bird brain you can take it as a complement lol Sonny use to perch on my tv a 46inch lcd sony that cost 1500 buck at the time and he would poop every now and then. I couldnt for the life of me to get him to stop flying there. SO i put something behind the tv he doesnt like, like a Chinese handcuff thing with shredded paper in it and he no longer perches on the tv. Not sure if that is the right way but my tv has been poop free for a yr now and sonny will not even fly towards the tv. note these things dont move dont flash or anything they are just something her doesnt like

Sonny

Walking the driveway
On the bright side you can train your parrot to open the recliner on command so use it to your advantage :dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.