• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

She's Here!!!!!!! Pictures coming tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I thought today would never come....but my beautiful blue headed pi baby, Risa, arrived safe and sound on the plane from Ohio today. I promise....pictures to come tomorrow...we're both pretty bushed right now.

She is an absolute angel. She just kind of watched and took everything in on the ride home. I put the dogs out and opened her crate door to see what she'd do and she started to come right out. I asked her to step up and she stepped right up. She's been exploring her new home, and loves sliding down the vertical bars (she has them on 2 sides). It took her a while, or else she wasn't really too interested, but eventually she found her water bottle and pellets. I only gave her bananas for fresh food, since I didn't want to change too much at once; she'd already been through so much. She didn't try the bananas though.

She's squeeked a little, which I think is her version of talking right now. I let the dogs in and they headed to her cage. She seemed pretty unimpressed with them. They were very curious, but they turned around whenever I asked them to leave it. My breeder says she barks like a dog....oh great...my dogs are not barkers, so now my bird is going to teach my dogs to bark.:rofl:

Everybody's sacked out now, and I am really tired. I don't think I slept at all last night. I was so excited. But it has been a good day and I am very happy with my new baby. I think my breeder did a great job. I can't wait to watch her learn and grow. I :heart: Risa:dance4:

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
congrats on your new baby!! can't wait to see pics of the cutie!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Congrats!! Can't wait to see the photos :)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Awww, lucky you!!! I saw my first photos of a baby blue pi the other day, so beyond adorable!! Can't wait to see your photos!!

repaul3

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ruth
Oooooooh she's HOME!!!! That is so exciting! They are so precious....I held my baby for a couple of hours tonight and he was making all kinds of noises just chattin away :hehe: I just love him! He went to the vet on Monday everything went okay just waiting for test results....thats always scarey:fingerscrossed: Can't wait to see pictures!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay, congrats on your new baby! I love, love, love BH pionus. Great birds. Can't wait to see pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.