• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

She thinks she is a African Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
I guess that is what I get having a RB being raised around four greys. She now makes all the phone rings, beeps, clicks and whistles they make, its so funny listening to her. I thought for a time it was the greys, but nope she sounds just like them ;) I love you Beep, my tiny African Grey in a RB suit :)

Anyone else have a RB that copies other birds?

Sandy

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hehe: she sounds pretty smart.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I guess that is what I get having a RB being raised around four greys. She now makes all the phone rings, beeps, clicks and whistles they make, its so funny listening to her. I thought for a time it was the greys, but nope she sounds just like them ;) I love you Beep, my tiny African Grey in a RB suit :)
Anyone else have a RB that copies other birds?

Sandy
yup!:D
Rudy copies Big Scoot the grey AND Emily the quiet lil cockatiel AND *tries* to shriek like the caiques JoJo and Chickie but can't get the volume quite right thank goodness!!:eek::rofl:

jaimeltx

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jaime
Oh well I don't have any other parrots living with me (yet), but my female RB has picked up the outside birds! So far she has mastered the blue jay and the seagull. She is only a year old and talks up a storm in the mornings. Funny thing is, she makes makes very few, what I would consider, Red Belly noises!

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
my igor ( alexandrine) thinks he is a galah lol.he answers my female galah and the wild ones outside. he also does my tiels beep to a t to.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Lol, sounds funny and cute!

I don't have a RB, but my Quaker thinks he's a Cockatiel, he's even named himself "Charlie" which is one of my mum's Cockatiels. :huh: He makes all these noises (chirping and such) which are the exact same noises the Cockatiels make - and he has been trying to 'whistle pop goes the weasel' for the past week and a bit now, a few of my male Cockatiels, and my mum's 3 male Cockatiels all love and are always whistling the pop goes the weasel song, Keiko is getting there though.. :hehe: he screams like they do, and is just a complete copy cat and is a Quaker cross Cockatiel now. :rolleyes:

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
yup!:D
Rudy copies Big Scoot the grey AND Emily the quiet lil cockatiel AND *tries* to shriek like the caiques JoJo and Chickie but can't get the volume quite right thank goodness!!:eek::rofl:
Good to know she is not weird. Now, I just have to quit laughing when she throws her huge temper tantrums ;) At least my greys don't do that....

Sandy

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:lol:awww she sounds cute

Status
Not open for further replies.