• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Seriously SWS!! New Nutz Toyz!!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie

Sam is not cooperating today. :rofl: If I go in to video he wants out. ;) I'm trying!
You need one of those nanny cams so you can film in secret.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You need one of those nanny cams so you can film in secret.

Silly girl, my whole house is on camera. ;)
The camera system is not product video quality though.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Silly girl, my whole house is on camera. ;)
The camera system is not product video quality though.
Does Joe know you're making sure he stays in line? :whip2:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Does Joe know you're making sure he stays in line? :whip2:

It took awhile for the family to get used too! We also have tracking devices on our phones that map our every move. ;) Adjustment period, yes. Would any of us like them removed, no. Do any if us ask who got up and ate all the cookies last night, no.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No problem. I am going to look through the toys that she has been working on and figure out the size. I am going to get a few other things, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
No problem. I am going to look through the toys that she has been working on and figure out the size. I am going to get a few other things, though.
That's pretty clever of them!

Last edited by a moderator:

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Will be ordering Put A Cork In It and What the Shell. Ella is talking inside her empty stainless pellet dish and realizes it sounds different, a tad too funny. She is now going under the What the Shell doing the same, hysterical and she is chopping the wood nicely now, only took time but I think having the coconut shell is key to her happiness with the toys. ;)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you string a Pushing Up Daisies with sisal or leather rather than paper rope?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Can you string a Pushing Up Daisies with sisal or leather rather than paper rope?

I think the hole size would be too small for sisal or my leather, I could do them in poly rope. The paper cord that they are on is 1/4" cord not the 1/8" if that helps.
Are you doing a what the shell without chain? If you know that's something you're going to order I'll build it early. I built 10 of them today.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think for Shannon I might just do the chain although I do try to avoid those but she's been chewing through some of the types of rope that her toys are hanging from and they wind up on the bottom of the cage. I'll let you know for sure. What would you do in place of the chain? Leather? If leather how thick?
Every toy that hangs from paper rope winds up on the bottom of the cage but that might have been 1/8". Most of my red-bellies are buzz saws. However, I think I might give that to Claudé and, if so, the 1/4" paper rope might work but if she winds up not wanting to play with it and I give it to her sister or brothers the bottom of the cage is where it most probably will wind up.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I think for Shannon I might just do the chain although I do try to avoid those but she's been chewing through some of the types of rope that her toys are hanging from and they wind up on the bottom of the cage. I'll let you know for sure. What would you do in place of the chain? Leather? If leather how thick?
Every toy that hangs from paper rope winds up on the bottom of the cage but that might have been 1/8". Most of my red-bellies are buzz saws. However, I think I might give that to Claudé and, if so, the 1/4" paper rope might work but if she winds up not wanting to play with it and I give it to her sister or brothers the bottom of the cage is where it most probably will wind up.

Pushing up daisies could be done on paper cord, poly rope or hemp cord. It would be your choice. Currently it is on 1/4" paper cord.

What the shell is the toy that has the chain at the very top. You have asked before If I could switch the chain out. Yes, I would switch it to sisal like the rest of the toy.

Another mention... :laugh: When talking about chain and O rings, you guys do know I'm a macaw store. :D There are no baby O rings here. :hilarious:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you tried What the Shell with sisal as the hanging rope with one of the Amazons?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Have you tried What the Shell with sisal as the hanging rope with one of the Amazons?

What the shell is strung with sisal. It only has a piece of chain at the top. What the Shell? ~ Seriously Nutz ~ Soft Pine Wood for Birds If the chain is a problem for you or your birds it can be changed out with sisal and it won't be a problem.

I still did not get a video of the smorgasboard. I'll get some at work tomorrow I hope. Any of the cage mount toys are a problem for me to get pictures with as my birds are not fond of being caged when I'm home. :D I did however find a pretty soft pine wood board to use for them. My amazons could chew it with ease.

smorgasboard2.png

Another new one coming
3/4" douglas fir chip wood
chipsahoy.png

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge