• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Seperation Anxiety?

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Hey yall :). I have not been active in a while, but I do have a question. My wonderful tiel Blazey (and for those who know me... can you believe he is 12? I cannot!) anyways, he has gone through quite a few behavioral changes in the recent years. I blame this partly on 4 moves in two years. Atlanta to Nashville to Chicago to Phoenix. He doesnt love to be handled very much anymore, though is more than willing to step up when he flies off his cage and wants back up :rolleyes:.

In any event, he has had a "love affair" for my younger sister for years. Its kind of disgusting, esp because she has paid him next to zero attention ever. But his love or affection or whatever it is, to her, has gotten worse (guys always want what they cant have...) and anytime she leaves the room in contact calls FRANTICALLY for 10-15 minutes. And in the morning (6 am...) when he hears her door squeak open he starts that calling, and when she leaves to go to classes he keeps it up, until about 10 am. Its driving me nuts :huh: . I try to sleep until at least 8 before I go to the gym before work, but jee wiz guy! give it up. Any suggestions on how to curve this behavior? I wouldnt mind him whistling a tune, or even contact calling for a moment or two. but four 20 minutes to an hour at a time is ahhh! :confused:

Please and thank you! and HELLO and :hug8::hug8: to all of my dearly missed friends here on the avenue.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
He loves her and there isn't anything that is going to change that. Sorry to say that unless she starts to take an active role in his life and reciprocate some of that love or disappear from his life altogether your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Hey there john. Yea I figured that pretty much would be the case. But I thought I would check and see. You never know! And Danita he is fine health wise, and i dont think he is stressed or depressed. I just think that the moves have affected his behavior somewhat. But you get that old towel out, and you better believe he is dancing and singing like he used to. And when everyone is in the same room together (ie the family room, dining room or kitchen.. he is in the center of all three) he usully will get to dancing. We play music for him and hes still playful, just not as much so with me. Which I can understand. He was bonded to me, but I went away for 2 1/2 years and now im suddenly back in his life. So I diddnt really expect him to warm up to me right away. Hes still a happy little brat though. And he still loves trace atkins lol