• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sent the Husband to the Bird Fair!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:laugh: Sounds weird but he loved it! He had a great time with some AA members, especially Sandra. :)

We finally found the second perfect java tree, I had a vendor bring it from St. Louis. We also stocked up on tons of perches and hubby bought a few extra things. ;)

IMG_4778_800x600.jpg IMG_4779_800x600.jpg IMG_4781_800x600.jpg IMG_4782_800x600.jpg IMG_4784_800x600.jpg View attachment 172958 2014-04-06 11.29.20_800x600.jpg

Sandra was so kind and had gift boxes for everyone of us. :heart2: She brought us this giant swing and I thought it was perfect for Nikki.

Thank you @SandraK

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hmm brought from St. Louis? Some people do all sorts of things to keep from driving here!!!

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
That jungle gym looks large and elaborate enough to get lost in :wideyed: :jawdrop1: :laugh:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Sarah, you're too kind! You & Joe are such sweethearts :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: . I met up with Joe @ the GCCBC fair and introduced him to anyone I knew, including Pat Saurs who helped Cody the tiel find a new home. Joe checked out the GCCBC adoption table and, if I'd known he was talking to Renae when he was finishing up with buying the java tree I would have gone over & introduced myself. As it was, Gary (?) saw me checking out some of his beautiful cages and asked me if he could help, at which time I blurted that I was there "with Joe but I wasn't his wife'. Gary looked at me, kinda chuckled and said: "Yes, I know Sarah" @ which point I further embarassed myself by stating that Sarah & I were a couple of "crazy bird ladies" and were friends.

As for the presents, you, Joe & your flock cheered me up @ a time when I was feeling bummed out after my mother had passed away; Nikki (the too with the swing) stole Fred's heart (though I didn't think a bird could do that). As for the swing, I won that in a fundraiser Danita had and my fids just never took to it. It looks like Nikki likes it and she does look gorgeous on it.

Now we'll just have to plan how to kidnap Sarah on a weekend so she can go to a GCCBC fair or any other close by without her flock or horses tracking her down ... OR a whole bunch of AA members should get together and go to one of Sarah's shows, I'm pretty sure that would be entertaining enough without the horses/small horses or the bird show afterwards.

Kito

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Your setup (and your birds) are so fantastic, wow! I love that tree.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how wonderful!!

Momto3boys

Real Name
Brandy
Wowzers, that tree is AMAZING, I know I sound like a broken record but I love your set up :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
omg great haul!! what st louis vendor sold you that treee???

Wholesale bird & cage, Dave is wonderful. :D

That jungle gym looks large and elaborate enough to get lost in :wideyed: :jawdrop1: :laugh:

:laugh: It is a huge mess of bird stuff everywhere! I have got the figure out a way to clean it up..... before I need an addition of the dining room. :hilarious:

Sarah, you're too kind! You & Joe are such sweethearts :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: . I met up with Joe @ the GCCBC fair and introduced him to anyone I knew, including Pat Saurs who helped Cody the tiel find a new home. Joe checked out the GCCBC adoption table and, if I'd known he was talking to Renae when he was finishing up with buying the java tree I would have gone over & introduced myself. As it was, Gary (?) saw me checking out some of his beautiful cages and asked me if he could help, at which time I blurted that I was there "with Joe but I wasn't his wife'. Gary looked at me, kinda chuckled and said: "Yes, I know Sarah" @ which point I further embarassed myself by stating that Sarah & I were a couple of "crazy bird ladies" and were friends.

As for the presents, you, Joe & your flock cheered me up @ a time when I was feeling bummed out after my mother had passed away; Nikki (the too with the swing) stole Fred's heart (though I didn't think a bird could do that). As for the swing, I won that in a fundraiser Danita had and my fids just never took to it. It looks like Nikki likes it and she does look gorgeous on it.

Now we'll just have to plan how to kidnap Sarah on a weekend so she can go to a GCCBC fair or any other close by without her flock or horses tracking her down ... OR a whole bunch of AA members should get together and go to one of Sarah's shows, I'm pretty sure that would be entertaining enough without the horses/small horses or the bird show afterwards.

:D Nikki loves the swing, she was being all shy with it so it was hard to get a picture, maybe today she will be sitting on it.

Unfortunately I won't make a bird fair if it is on the weekends. :( BUT :) It's great to know that Joe enjoyed being "one of the crazy bird ladies". :hilarious: I think you will have a date for a few more of these Sandra. ;) If Fred does not mind. :D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So, how was the bird fair compared to other years? I wish we could have gone but we needed more of a heads up. I really thought they weren't going to do anything this year!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So, how was the bird fair compared to other years? I wish we could have gone but we needed more of a heads up. I really thought they weren't going to do anything this year!

:confused: I have never been to one and neither has Joe, we had no idea what to expect. @SandraK :D

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Awesome set up. My birds would be soooo happy with that.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Now you finally have your Java tree :dance4:

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
It was not the TASC fair you went to last year. This one was put on by the Greater Chicago Caged Bird Club and is a lot smaller so don't feel bad.

Have to wait to see how things settle down as Jason was stepping down from 'his' club to pursue another degree from my understanding. Have to wait and see what direction TASC will take after all this.

One of the vendors who sells the individual parts for the water bottles was not there nor was another big vendor who sells a lot of stuff such as foods, toys, I noticed they did not come either. Matt from LJO Leather said there were a lot of changes going on with that club. They put the fair on twice a year, spring and fall, and are questioning if there should be a second one. Wait and see with that too.

Last edited:

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'

Oh how I wished I too had known you were there, oh well. :depressed:

I already told Sarah if TASC does their fair next year, she MUST come to it.

Why not pull some sort of gathering together as I am sure Merlie and George would join in and wonder if Jen and hubby could do it too.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

:confused: I have never been to one and neither has Joe, we had no idea what to expect. @SandraK :D
It was quieter than I remember previous ones vendor-wise but Pat told me that one of the "regular" vendors who wasn't there was at another fair in Kankakee. I'm assuming that's where several others were too.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
That would not be a bird fair, I don't think, not aware of any bird clubs in that direction. I know Kankakee has a monthly fair that you can buy all different types of animals at such as chickens, pigs, sheep. Went there once with my daughter a few years ago. It starts before the crack of dawn, good idea to bring a flash light with but not much for pets birds and was disappointed in it.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wow- what an amazing set up. :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Well, large or small we got what we wanted. :dance4: And then some. :laugh:

Joe didn't know anyone other than Hope & her husband ( Akitastwo ) , Dave from Wholesale Bird & Cage, & Dr. Sakas. ;) Otherwise he would have done some introducing I'm sure.

He did well considering he only knows people from what I have said in forums stories, he would know people better by thier birdie's names. :laugh: