• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Searching by inactive members broken?

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I was trying to search for something that I associate with a member we've lost, and noticed I could not specify their name in the By: filter field.

It may be related to how long their account has been inactive since a recently passed member can still be selected.

I'd like to be able to easily search all that past wisdom.

Are others seeing this, and if so, could it be corrected?

EDIT: looks like just the type-ahead isn't working as expected, but if you type the full name, it still filters properly.

1703636742585.png

Last edited:

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, that's workable.
Was mostly worried that the filter itself wouldn't work.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Steve, it is the same with tags (the @). If there is an inactive member you want to tag, after so many months the auto thing won't work. I tagged a member yesterday and I had to type her full username but they do work just like the search function.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I was trying to search for something that I associate with a member we've lost, and noticed I could not specify their name in the By: filter field.
If by "lost", you mean one that has passed away, simply click on "members" at the top of the screen. There you will see the "notable members" page. The "most messages" section lists all of the members that the staff know have passed away as when we find out, their post count is boosted to 1,000,000, and they are posthumously given the "avian angel" banner.