• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Safe huts?

Fiwi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
Finn has been sleeping in a tent like this one. It was given to me by his breeder and she said it was the only safe one the market.
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.27.22 AM.png
I've been worried about about him sleeping in it. He doesn't chew on it at all. I usually line the bottom with a plain white napkin since he used to poop in it when he was younger. He doesn't poop in there anymore, but he does like to tear up the napkin a little! I've read that it's best for them to sleep on a perch, but I've been worried removing the hut will stress him out. Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.27.22 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.33.23 AM.png

I came across these online. His size has been out of stock forever and the company doesn't get back to me so I'm thinking of making one. What are your thoughts on something like this?
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.33.23 AM.png

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Beau sleeps on his back in the triangle type bed I made for him. Faith sleeps on the side of the cage, snuggled up with fleece hanging from the top of his night cage. Hope and Jesse are the only ones who actually sleep on a perch, leaning against each other. So I don't think birds have to sleep on a perch.:rockby:

Fiwi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
Beau sleeps on his back in the triangle type bed I made for him. Faith sleeps on the side of the cage, snuggled up with fleece hanging from the top of his night cage. Hope and Jesse are the only ones who actually sleep on a perch, leaning against each other. So I don't think birds have to sleep on a perch.:rockby:
Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to know other birds don't sleep on a perch. He loves his little house and I really don't want to change his situation if I don't have to!