• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe (But Effective!) Carpet Cleaning???

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Google. A quick look, it seems like there is a salt method, a club soda method, a vinegar method, a combo vinegar soap method, a white wine method (I'd be drinking it tho), a vinegar baking soda method, a dish soap hydrogen peroxide THAT SAYS IT WILL DISCOLOR YOUR DARK CARPET AND USE WITH CARE, and probably tons of others out there......

Most seem to agree, don't SCRUB just DAB.

Best of luck!

fireball249

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I will say I used the baking soda and vinegar suggestion one person made and it worked MIRACLES!!!!!!! May try that on a small patch. It actually brightened my carpet back to new! (Light tan carpet, what was the complex thinking?!)

fireball249

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
You can try diluted white vinegar in the carpet cleaner.
You can use white vinegar and baking soda combination not in the steam cleaner but directly on the tough stains and spots. Baking soda first, then add some vinegar (can dilute the vinegar and spray it on if you choose), then watch the bubbling volcano, wipe, and vacuum.
This is what I ended up doing (without using the carpet cleaner)!!

contiong

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
contiong
You can use carpet cleaning kamloops, I attempted it and it functioned admirably and doesn't have overpowering smell.