• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sadly I think I've seen the last of the Nandays for a while here.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
But I have a good idea what happened to the missing one. The Kestrels. The only one left showed up to "bunk down" for the night and both the male and female Kestrels mobbed him. He maybe larger but they are quicker and there are two of them so they were able to drive him off. I don't know where he went to but this morning the female Kestrel was in the hole with the male standing guard. :no:

I bet they drove off the missing one as well.

I know the Nandays normally hang out over the Clearwater area so I bet they decided to head back over there. :duskyconure::duskyconure::duskyconure::duskyconure:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
cavity nesters have a hard time finding homes.

I've put up nest boxes i
of different sizes to support them and every single one gets a pair so quickly.

Cornell University nest watch and nest box project has resources for what size nest box is needed for each species , building plans. what height to put ect...

You can also document this kestrel nest under many if the nest watcher projects.

Last edited:

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
cavity nesters have a hard time finding homes.

I've put up nest boxes i
of different sizes to support them and every single one gets a pair so quickly.

Cornell University nest watch and nest box project has resources for what size nest box is needed for each species , building plans. what height to put ect...

I wish I could, but I live in a condo and it's against to rules to feed or attract even birds, pulls in pest like mice and rats, so I can see why

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
This isn't feeding. Is nest sites.they find their own food keeping down pets. But understand.

Many other condo/ apartments dwellers or renters are willing to allow nest boxes attached to poles. Especially bluebird boxes. So maybe someone else sees this. Cavity dwellers are really declining.

Plus you can do observations of the nesting kestrel in nest watch