• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

(Sad Update) Do you think this nestling/fledgling pigeon can/should be saved?

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I'm so sorry for your loss. You did way better than those who were going to pressure wash him to death.

:(

Buzzard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jess
Well, little birdy at least has cemented the decision that after our upcoming move we'd like to have a small aviary for a few pairs of ferals from MickaCoo. So sad that people hate these sweeties. It's no use wondering, but still I am wondering if he'd have pulled through if that vet had helped.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so very sorry for your loss:hug8:thanks for trying to save the little one.

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
Thank you for helping him - I think it did make a difference, as he was at least safe, hydrated, and warm. It's sad, but sometimes all we can do is give them a bit of comfort and save them from far worse of an end. So sorry the vet did not help you. I am lucky to have found a very caring vet nearby who sees my wild birds when needed.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry. I know that you did the best you could. Not easy to help an injured/ill wild bird recover and you did what you could. Thank you for trying to help him.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Im sorry, you did everything you could. Fly free little one.:hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I'm sorry:(:hug8:

LunaHestia

Formerly ZoeyBird
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I'm sorry the baby didn't make it. it can be very hard to save them. Heck I have a whole pigeon medicine cabinet and I have lost babies.

A lot of people don't get how wonderful pigeons are. I have close to 250 pigeons both racing homers and whites that I sell to people who do wedding and funeral releases. I don't race anymore but I do still let the homers loft fly and take them on short tosses that I know they can easily do. I love watching them fly around the yard, it is beautiful watching them all flock together with such precision. They all have individual styles, we have the daredevils who like to whip through the trees like an obstacle course. Then we have the speed demons who fly as fast as they can then screech in for a landing on the house. It was having to care for sick or injured babies that made us want companion parrots. We raised a few babies inside but you could tell they longed to be outside with their flockmates. They are still super tame with us.

Last edited:

penguin

Avenue Veteran
:hug8:Thank you so much for trying to help that poor little bird. Fly free, little one. No one can hurt you now.