• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sad news about Daisy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
Sadly, she will have to be leaving my home soon. She is Charlie's mate, but he has been pecking at her and plucking feathers from around her eyes and cheek patches, right over her ears. She seems very afraid of him lately. Luckily, my fiance's mother has agreed to take her. I wish i could just separate them, but being pregnant and my lease being up on my apartment (and we refuse to stay another year due to space and living conditions), i should probably cut down my flock anyway. All the places i've called will take no more than 2 birds, but i may be able to get away with 3. I'm glad that she is going somewhere she will be very loved and not "abused" by her mate. I'm really sad that i can't keep her and charlie would change, but this is best for her.. :/

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

newatthistx

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Michele
I'm sorry your baby needs to leave you ....but at least you know that she'll be in good hands and well taken care of and in a way still part of the family and be able to visit her ( I know it's not the same as having with you though, but the things we do for our fids are not always easy :( ).....

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
That is no good, at least she will be well cared for. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I hope it works out but really, I would not be separating mates...you could put them in side by side cages so they can still see each other and he will stop plucking her that way too as he would have no access...I understand she is going to a good home but separating a bonded pair is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.