• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rotting eggs or...?

ChubbChubb

Sitting on the front steps
Two of my budgies started mating last month, and she laid 7 eggs at the time. Three of them hatched (the third was pretty late, so I'm guessing it's the last one she laid), but the four others haven't. I thought maybe they would hatch late as well and left them for about a week more but now their turning slightly grey and she still hasn't disposed of them.. (I read somewhere that a mother would instinctively set aside unfertilized or dead eggs) I can't exactly candle them to check because they're kind of covered in dropping remnants.

Is the desaturated tint a sign that they are rotting? And if they are, how do you suggest i dispose of them in a humane way both for myself and my bird.
:heelp:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Grey eggs are a sign of DIS. Given the dates, it seems to be the case. Do not open them.

how do you suggest i dispose of them in a humane way both for myself and my bird
Personally, I use the bin. If you feel they need more than that, you can bury them in the garden (deep as to not be dug up).

ChubbChubb

Sitting on the front steps
Grey eggs are a sign of DIS. Given the dates, it seems to be the case. Do not open them.

Personally, I use the bin. If you feel they need more than that, you can bury them in the garden (deep as to not be dug up).
I like that second one better. Dunno why it didn't come to mind.. Thanks a ton!