• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

rosy bourkes noise

Mommabird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Patricia
Are 2 rosy bourkes louder then 2 budgies? My budgies can be loud and screech. Do rosy bourkes screech too? I live in an apartment just want to know what to expect when I get them. My sister who is my neighbor can hear my budgies, but can not hear my 6 society finches.

lynne5

Sitting on the front steps
My Bourkes are much quieter than budgies that I have had in the past.
They sometimes call out for each other, or me, but it is certainly not piercing, and not common.
Mostly they just have a very quiet, cute chatter that you can barely hear.

I would not hesitate to have mine in an apartment.

Zephyria

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
TDawn Maddox
I have one budgie and she's easily three times louder than my Bourke trio. Her call is also a bit harsher than the Bourke's 'twittering' type sounds too. My male Bourke likes to sing more than my girls...so that might play into volume level...since I only have one boy and to girls.

Pockets

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Our guy is certainly loud. Seems like it's not typical of the species. When he's making contact calls, or wants to come out of his cage - his calls are loud enough to be heard from outside our apartment. When he's out and about, he's quiet.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Bourkes, although larger than budgies, are closer, sound wise, IMO, to finches and canaries. Quieter and more pleasing on the ears! Not that there's anything wrong with budgies!