• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosy Bourke progress update! Pics

Fickle

Strolling the yard
We’ve had our precious bourke babes for a couple of weeks now. I am still mulling over names LMBO, I want them to be just perfect and I like unique names! So for now I call them baby girl and little man. So he is so sweet but still a bit shy. Not severely so but just enough to stop him from stepping up. We’ll keep working on that. Hopefully he’ll folllow his bonded lady’s lead as he learns to trust us. Because baby girl…. She is simply the calmest most inquisitive sweetest soft chirping attention seeking loving little bird we have ever had the utter pleasure to meet and we are so blessed that we get to be owned and loved by her. :swoon:
She clearly craves human contact and I feel so bad they’ve been locked up and never let out of their cage in a cold dark damp basement. Such a shame and waste of life for them. But no more. I have not had little man out of cage yet he isn’t quite ready but it will come. I won’t force him. But baby girl, she was made for luvins and she clearly asks for it the minute she hears me approaching their room. And here she is, all out of cage pics are of her. I wish I knew how to add videos but for now a few pics. I am smitten with her precious head tilt when I sweet talk her and she just loves to gently beak touch my face my hands my everything. She lives for contact with us humans. Last pic her man is in front and she was behind him . :swoon:
FBD8470F-FDDF-49DB-B168-4D5EF612E349.jpeg 14911A66-E973-40E2-8E2C-05D5F8ECB9C3.jpeg 8D89767C-3883-41C4-AB6C-0705D0DC124E.jpeg F5C74AB1-6ED5-45CB-9701-9E244C2A4613.jpeg 232B2518-D0E4-48F2-AA51-237A172A6C9D.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You could give them Aussie names that relate to where they are found or what is in their natural habitat- we have some very unique and pretty names of things and places here.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You could give them Aussie names that relate to where they are found or what is in their natural habitat- we have some very unique and pretty names of things and places here.
Oh I like the idea of Aussie specific names.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
How about names from Australian folk songs? (Matilda, Jenny) Or unique Australian animals? You could name them monotreme and marsupial.