• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rocky?! Or Rocka

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I do not know but congratulations on such a cutie

Bogdan1983

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank you very much. Girl from store said is a boy, also looking at the head colours looks like one, but looking at the tail i'm not very sure.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think he's too young to tell at this point. I male Pearl will loose his spots and a female with keep them, after the first molt. He's very cute. pearl tiels.jpg

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I think he's too young to tell at this point. I male Pearl will loose his spots and a female with keep them, after the first molt. He's very cute.
View attachment 326149

This is true in regards to males losing their pearls and females keeping them. I'm currently fostering two pearl cockatiels, one male, one female. The male appears to be a normal grey. Someone I know used to breed just standard normal greys and will swear up and down that he's a normal grey! But he has all the markings of an adult, male pearl! I also had a normal grey that was split pearl! There is a clear difference between them, when you know what to look for!

I'm leaning towards a Rocky myself, but time would tell for sure! Or based on behaviors! (maybe!)

Bogdan1983

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank you all for the answers, indees is a cutie. And now has a whole mansion ;)

IMG_5195.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue! Congratulations, your bird is beautiful :starshower1:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I would recommend swapping out one of those food containers for pellets, another for fresh foods and sprouts! Much healthier that way!

And, when you get a chance, fill the cage with toys! Especially toys that he (or she) can easily chew up! :)