• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Rio Approves of the New Countertop

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
the countertop is amazing! Rio is adorable!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I had to watch it twice because the first time I only had eyes for Rio playing. ♥
And yes the countertop is amazing! :D

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart::xflove::heart:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Rio is way too cute, The way he plays on his back:faint::heart:
The new countertop is so beautiful! I love The texture:rolleyes:
I am Also quite curieus to The answer of WendyN's question:D

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Rio is adorable! Makes me want to get a caique.
I have some tile that looks very much like your counter top, they called it forest web.... so much more beautiful as a solid piece. I may also be your kitchen sink twin, that looks very much like what I put in, and it has worked out so well.
Are there plans to also remodel the bird room? or do you have a bird house so the kitchen remodel counts as part of that?

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Rio is so cute and I love the counter too!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Rio is adorable on the gorgeous counter.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Love Rio and also the countertop!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Has she pooped on it yet?
GUYS!! Noooo not yet.

Rio is adorable! Makes me want to get a caique.
I have some tile that looks very much like your counter top, they called it forest web.... so much more beautiful as a solid piece. I may also be your kitchen sink twin, that looks very much like what I put in, and it has worked out so well.
Are there plans to also remodel the bird room? or do you have a bird house so the kitchen remodel counts as part of that?
Pat mine is called rain forest! I'll show the whole kitchen when it is complete, which might be next week except for the one cabinet.
Do I live in a bird house? Why yes I do! In a treee! (Oh that is too funny. When I was little I'd climb into a tree and refuse to come down)

No the bird room got new flooring last year. We did the kitchen and master bath. I would loooove to glass in the covered porch on the back, we hardly sit out there anyway because it's so hot. But glassed in it would make a gorgeous bird room. Hubby thinks that is a lot to spend to make a bird room. LOL

@CrazyBirdChick Thank you! I was afraid my voice was annoying.

Rio ate the 4 key and also now the f is hard to type. That was before the video.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Awwww so cute. As much as I still really want a caique, I am learning more and more that I am quite lucky that Lada is as calm as she is. In her most mischievous of moods which would probably be the equivalent of a sleeping caique haha, she still tests my patience sometimes. I know its more of me just getting used to living with birds. Dont think I could handle all that energy... Rio is so cute though!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Awwww so cute. As much as I still really want a caique, I am learning more and more that I am quite lucky that Lada is as calm as she is. In her most mischievous of moods which would probably be the equivalent of a sleeping caique haha, she still tests my patience sometimes. I know its more of me just getting used to living with birds. Dont think I could handle all that energy... Rio is so cute though!
Umm that was Rio being fairly calm/mellow. :D

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Beautiful Rio & beautiful countertop. It looks like you must be so close to being finished now.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Beautiful Rio & beautiful countertop. It looks like you must be so close to being finished now.
We are so close, yet stuck in a holding pattern. On Monday the glass for the shower goes in, mirror and lights - so bath will be done.

We are waiting on a custom cabinet for one area, the bifold door thing that will be my appliance pantry. The granite backsplash can't go up until that is in, and the electricians don't want to do the under counter lighting until that is in. And of course painting comes last.

Reactions: TWR

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Everything is a process. This can't be done until that part is done first. We found towards the end, the small things took time and whilst we were almost finished, it seemed to take ages for those final things.

Simple things like installing the towel rails were harder than expected. We used thick porcelain floor tiles on the walls in the bathroom. Drilling through them was a nightmare, many drill bits were broken in the process (even though the correct drill bits were used in conjunction with water to keep them cool). Most were slow going, but were managed. But 2 in the main bathroom, the required holes were very close to the tile edges and 1 tile cracked in the process. So the tiler, who by this time was at another job, had to come back & remove & replace the broken tile. The biilder wanted to wait a week for the tile cement to be fully cured before attempting another drill hole. So he comes back after waiting the required week and gets that towel rail done and then while attempting to hang the 2nd towel rail, another tile cracks. So, repeat the above processs. It seemed to take around 3 weeks to get both those towel racks installed and I had one very stressed biilder, as it upset him each time a tile broke, as he takes pride & care in his work.

Anyway, sorry for the waffle.

I'm looking forward to the full reveal of your renos.

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@TWR sounds like your experience was a lot like mine! A few more steps will be completed this week.

They’re very good. I’m just impatient.

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
We are so close, yet stuck in a holding pattern. On Monday the glass for the shower goes in, mirror and lights - so bath will be done.
this was a 2 day process for us. We went fully frameless, but with a hinged frameless door. So the fixed panels went up then a period of waiting (min 24 hours) before the fixed panel could take the weight of the hinged glass door - so for us shower glass installation was at least a 2 day process (with 3 showers needing to be done at different times). I think you said yours is a walk-in doorless shower arrangement, so you will probably get it all done in one day.

We are waiting on a custom cabinet for one area, the bifold door thing that will be my appliance pantry.
Is the custom appliance cabinet being made by a different company from the one that made the kitchen cabinets? I do recall you saying earlier it wasn't there and one of the tradesmen asking you why (as if it was something within your control lol).

Last edited: