• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

RFM videos show me the cuteness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I need to convince my boyfriend we need a RFM.

He thinks we should get an Indian Ringneck.
Because we saw a few cute videos of them (mostly them talking he likes their voices)
(remember he's not a bird person so to explain to him talking ability shouldn't be a factor is a waste of time lol)

I know the personality of a red front is perfect for us but I don't know how to explain why they are a better match than a ringneck lol.

HELP!:lol:

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
I am in the same boat! Want my husband to fall in love with a RFM ....working on it..and that is what you need to do...if you find one then go and play with him/her and bring him along!

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
We can't find one close by!!!! No breeders, and def. no bird shops!!
YouTube seems to be my only option haha

But on a good note he didn't say NO! LOL

He actually said if I were to get another bird it would be a
ringneck or african grey.
But I know what I want,
And I don't want more than two birds!

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
This is a bit of a complex topic top get into, but I will try to approach it with as much impartiality on all aspects of the issue as I can. Men do not always see the same things in animals that women do. For us, it's not only about the cuteness factor or number of colors, etc. It can be some other criteria that will get men noticing that many women simply wouldn't find interesting. Birds in general seem to attract far more women than men into aviculture. I'm trying to grasp the gender differences myself on a fundamental psychological basis and it's proving a little difficult sometimes to understand why this is so. You will have to find aspects of his character that will make the RFM appeal to him both on a personal and gender level.

Why is he interested in an IRN or Grey and not a RFM? For me (please, no offense to Grey/IRN lovers) but there's no comparison between these species and a RFM. The companion quality potential of a RFM is very high. They are not one-person birds like Severes or other parrots, are not as nervous/phobic around strangers as Greys and like human physical contact. RFMs also have the capability to amass a huge vocabulary with some attaining over 400 words/expressions. Moreover, many Greys (especially CAGs) are not interested in pets, hugs and cuddles, but seem more Amazonian in their disposition regarding contact. I honestly don't think you need videos to convince him, just a few owners' experiences and some information on sites across the Internet. I would post a few YT videos but it seems you have seen most of them already. Oh well, here is one of my favorites just in case...

Oh wait! Just remembered, there are these Non-YT videos...

http://www.jaredworkman.com/shootmerlin.wmv
http://www.jaredworkman.com/merlinmisc.wmv
http://www.jaredworkman.com/merlinbang.wmv
http://www.jaredworkman.com/goofy.wmv

Enjoy!! :)

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Wait! What's YT mean? LOL

*cough* nevermind! *cough* LOL

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I think he is interested in IRN because of the pretty blue color. The cutesy voice. I don't know what else, I mean he doesn't really know anything about any birds unless I tell him.

As far as african greys, I think it's how clear their voice is, and how smart they are. And his aunt has one if that makes a difference lol.

Honestly who knows.
I think he's just afraid of macaws!

We need him to meet some babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.