• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Returning to the flock!

MavStarfox

Moving in
Real Name
Jessica
New member to Avian Avenue but not entirely new to bird ownership. Its been about 10 years since having my personal Scarlet Macaw, Blue and Gold Macaw, and my SI Eckie. I grew up in a family that rescued birds and large breed dogs. At one point we had 7 Macaws plus Amazons, Cockatoos, and smaller species like cockatiels and quakers. When I met my husband he quickly bonded to my Eckie "Spike" and ultimately when Spike passed his heart was broken and he has been absolutely against any more birds. My BFF has a large flock of various species as well as an extensive exotics collection. He rescues all sorts from time to time as well as he is a vet tech and pets get dumped at his office often. He has offered me a sweet heart little Black Capped Conure that had been surrendered at the vets office. I have convinced hubby to at least give him a chance. I mean crocodile tears begged as Ive really wanted another bird. What is known is its an adult male, quite friendly, fully feathered, super quiet, previous owner called him "Georgie" but so far does not respond to it at all. Unknown exactly how old nor how long she had him. Presently doesnt have any vocabulary or any mimic sounds. He has immediately taken interest in my 7yo daughter and copies her movements dancing and begs to be held by her. We bring him hkme this week as we are bird proofing the house (replacing pots and pans etc). At this time IF he aclimates to it we plan to call him "Bruno" as he is green and black of course like Bruno's robes and hair from Encanto and seeing how hubs has agreed but doesn't want to hear about it so "We dont talk about Bruno" lol. Wish us luck. My husband is honestly the biggest pushover sappy loveable teddy bear ever and generally caves and becomes attached quite quickly. I have no doubts he will warm up to him quickly. He adored my Eckie, but wasnt a huge fan of my Macaws but my B&G was terribly possesive of me so that didn't help. The large Birds can be overwhelming for anyone that didnt grow up with a menagerie of animals. He had ONE dog and ONE cat his whole life before me. Anyway Im rambiling but quite excited. :)

Attachments

flocknroll

Meeting neighbors
He's so gorgeous! I hope it's a good match and your husband falls in love with him :) Good luck!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He's beautiful! I hope it all works out!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Hello and welcome! :hello1:

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name